Say Yes Commercail at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old January 18th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Say Yes Commercail

We shot this on location in Central Otago and Wellington, New Zealand. All of the effects were achieved in camera. Shot using an EX3 Letus Nano and the low light shots were done with a Canon 5D2.

Ben Ruffell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 09:03 PM   #2
Major Player

Great Work Ben. At first I wasn't 100% sure on the creative content - because I was thinking this is beautiful, but what is it advertising. I am a bit cynical and have seen a bit too much of unrelated beauty shots selling unrelated products recently.

But for diamonds - both the content and the composition makes perfect sense, and certainly left me curious about the company and the work they are doing!

Very cool to see they are also a New Zealand company doing work that would stand out on the international stage, just like this commercial!
Old January 19th, 2011, 01:31 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Craig,

Yes, Darren the Director came up with the story - and I think it's a good fit. There is a nice journey.I was also surprised to find out that 1791 is a local company exporting to the world!
Old January 20th, 2011, 07:01 AM   #4
Major Player

Ben,

Loved it.

Only shot, and this is purely personal, I didn't like was 1:06 to 1:0750 [ish] I'd have kept her hand stationary and used a slider from R to L but hey, I can't say I've made an ad anything like that.... :)

Well done.

Al

PS Did you get paid with the rock????????
Alan Melville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2011, 10:43 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Alan... my girlfriend could not believe that I did not come home with a ring!
Old January 20th, 2011, 11:33 PM   #6
Major Player

Ben,

So what's it like sleeping in the doghouse...I hope it's waterproof and he didn't take his blanket when he got moved onto the back porch !!!!!!!!!

Al
Alan Melville is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work