DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Creative Dining Services (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/491337-creative-dining-services.html)

Tim Kerigan February 6th, 2011 09:08 PM

Creative Dining Services

Intro to the Creative Dining, a midwest food service company, for new hires. We made it for a class at my college. I'd love some critique on it!

Martin Wiosna February 7th, 2011 09:59 PM

can't find any flaws. made me want to get an application! great job!

the sound track really made it.

Tim Kerigan February 8th, 2011 04:22 PM

Thanks! We went back and forth a lot on that actually, we originally had some more jazzy style music, but along with the talent's voice it sounded too sultry and just didn't really work.

Brent Hallman February 19th, 2011 11:02 AM

Hi Tim,

Good looking video.

There is one bit that stands out to me that you may want to tweak. At :24 when Steve Hiligan is speaking, the ambient noise is too distracting.

Sounds like the HVAC was running.... are you able to clean that noise up at all? The rest of the talking heads seemed fine but that first one really stood out to me.

Chuck Spaulding February 19th, 2011 01:55 PM

Its probably a nice thing when you post a video that most of the comments are about the audio.

I agree with the previous comment, but as deep as his voice is it might be difficult to clean up.

The one thing that struck me is that I don't hear any of things your showing, there's no natural sound, I'd like to hear them chopping and preparing the food, setting the table etc.. Obviously has to be under everything else but I think that ads to s fuller feel for your video.

This is totally off topic, but it would suck to have to constantly wear those gloves...

Brent Hallman February 19th, 2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Spaulding (Post 1619860)
This is totally off topic, but it would suck to have to constantly wear those gloves...

Those gloves are terrible....I can feel my hands drying out just thinking about them!

Tim Kerigan March 7th, 2011 01:30 AM

Re: Creative Dining Services

Hey all, sorry I never responded back to this, haven't been on in a while.

Yea the HVAC was on, we shot it in a large conference room in one of their hotel's and unfortunately there was no way to switch it off and like Chuck guessed his voice is so deep it made it really tough to pick out the background noise.

We really wanted to put nat sound in originally, put when we tried it, we found it to be too distracting in the end, personally.

Funny thing about those gloves...a lot of our original footage was with the executive chefs at the various locations and was staged. We had to throw out about 75% of our footage because no one was wearing gloves! Most of what you see we shot about a week before the final product was due, THAT was nerve-wracking let me tell you haha. Should've known better when we were shooting, just something to learn for next time I guess.

On a sidenote, just found out we won first place for Corporate video at the Indiana Association of Broadcasters with this video.

Chuck Spaulding March 10th, 2011 11:43 PM

Re: Creative Dining Services

Congratulations.

I'm producing a trade show video about the restoration of a '65 Mustang and the same thing keeps happening with the safety glasses.