Grace Academy Promo at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:45 PM   #1
Major Player

Grace Academy Promo

Tom Bostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 05:38 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Grace Academy Promo

Tom, overall I think you did a good job. However there is a problem with some of the framing, particulary the shot at 6:48. The audio also seems a little hollow in some of the scenes. I'm on a laptop right now so perhaps that is why. I would also consider using the rule of thirds a little bit more. The video looks clean. Congrats on this promo!
Kevin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 10:02 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Lewis View Post
Tom, overall I think you did a good job. However there is a problem with some of the framing, particulary the shot at 6:48. The audio also seems a little hollow in some of the scenes. I'm on a laptop right now so perhaps that is why. I would also consider using the rule of thirds a little bit more. The video looks clean. Congrats on this promo!
Thanks Kevin ,the client actually chose most of the framing for the video, that shot in particular at 6:48 I didn't like the framing at all ,but i don't argue much with those who pay me :p

As for the audio the majority of it was the on board mic on the pmw 350 ,im hoping after a few more jobs i can afford a good lavalier system
Tom Bostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2011, 06:59 AM   #4
Major Player

A separate mic system will make all the difference. I typically use a shot gut mic and get good results. I think that you are off to a great start!
Kevin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2011, 08:28 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Hey Tom,

Here is an affordable wired Lav that is a nice unit:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/266176-REG/Audio_Technica_AT899_AT899_Condenser_Lavalier.html
If you are using a $20,000 camera you should be able to afford a $200 mic! :)
Tim Polster is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work