trailer for short film "Shadows" - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old June 3rd, 2011, 08:02 AM   #16
New Boot

Re: trailer for short film "Shadows"

Sareesh, you're probably right. Although I could explain why that is I don't think it matters now. Thanks for watching!
Nuno Dias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 04:40 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sareesh Sudhakaran View Post
Good music.
What made this film is the sound design and the LACK of music (and plot for that matter:). Music is only played at the end credits...right?
Sanjin Svajger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 07:21 AM   #18
Trustee

Which is good, Sanjin...

Last edited by Sareesh Sudhakaran; June 4th, 2011 at 07:21 AM. Reason: typo
Sareesh Sudhakaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 07:38 AM   #19
New Boot

Certainly there is a plot, although simple, I spent a long time writing it and perfecting it to have the right amount of information and the right structure. Otherwise this would be an experimental/abstract film, which I don't think it is at all...

Specially because there is no music, no dialogue and no flashy direction, all you have left is the plot! There is only music at the closing credits. But that was the idea, to tell a story only with visuals/sound. I did spend more time in post sound design than everything else.
Old June 4th, 2011, 08:44 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sareesh Sudhakaran View Post
Which is good, Sanjin...
Yep! Definitely good.:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno Dias View Post
Certainly there is a plot, although simple, I spent a long time writing it and perfecting it to have the right amount of information and the right structure...
...But that was the idea, to tell a story only with visuals/sound. I did spend more time in post sound design than everything else.
Yep, you did a great job writing this. And the plot comes nicely together with the idea of a minimalistic score i.e. sound design. I love this kind of short films. Dark and with a clear message. It's the kind I'll strive to create one day when I'll be able to loosen up some time for a non profit project. Times as they are now are relentless...:)

It's especially interesting because there are no lines spoken and the message was still nicely delivered. This must also be easier for casting right? You don't need really good actors. This was my idea when I started writing my first short (and never finished it:) - which was something really similar to this (no blood though...). My logic was that if I won't be able to afford pro actors I'll write something like this - where the acting will be done mostly with my directing and editing. In your film the acting is mostly done with directing, framing and editing (and sound design). Yes?
Sanjin Svajger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 09:15 AM   #21
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjin Svajger View Post
It's especially interesting because there are no lines spoken and the message was still nicely delivered. This must also be easier for casting right? You don't need really good actors. This was my idea when I started writing my first short (and never finished it:) - which was something really similar to this (no blood though...). My logic was that if I won't be able to afford pro actors I'll write something like this - where the acting will be done mostly with my directing and editing. In your film the acting is mostly done with directing, framing and editing (and sound design). Yes?
Absolutely. That's a very smart analysis.
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:26 PM   #22
New Boot

Just to let everyone know that Rita (the protagonist) just won the best actress award at the Los Angeles International Underground Film festival for this film. And the film itself got an honorable mention. Good stuff!
Old June 17th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #23
Major Player

Great short Nuno and congrads on your actresses' award!
Jay Kavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2011, 10:03 AM   #24
New Boot

Thanks Jay!
Nuno Dias is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work