Introducing our feature project SUMMER OF '76 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old June 15th, 2011, 09:38 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Introducing our feature project SUMMER OF '76

Summer Of 76 Movie Site

With great pride and enthusiasm please allow us to introduce and share with you SUMMER OF '76. Hi this is Tom Koveleskie the director and co-writer of SUMMER OF '76. Please drop on by our movie website and say hello... please feel free to post a comment and sign our visitor page... The project is just getting off the ground after 5 months of script development. Currently we are in the process of attaching some "A list" talent and a a couple of Rock Icons to the project. Right now the site and poster are basically a placeholders and will be updated as we bring cast and crew on board.

SUMMER OF '76 is a very true coming of age tale, and it is filled with adventure, thrills, comedy and drama. The story begins in the small working class town of Sunbury Pennsylvania, and chronicles events leading up to the cross country roller coaster of an adventure, and eventually ends up in Los Angeles California where the story climaxes.

This isn't another stoner movie or stoner comedy. This is so much more then that, and even more then the synopsis reveals. Yes the story surrounds three stoner friends, and that is who they were back in the summer of 1976, but it is not the underlying plot nor is it gratuitous. This is the very true story of three friends who all wanted to escape the confines of small town living. All for different reasons. As the synopsis does say... "Sometimes truth is stranger then fiction"... this is certainly one of those cases. The story is told as it happened...
Attached Thumbnails
Introducing our feature project SUMMER OF '76-summer-76-poster-613x864.jpg  
Tom Koveleskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 12:10 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Introducing our feature project SUMMER OF '76

Hi this is Maria Maneos the Production Designer for SUMMER OF'76. Just wanted to post an update for our project. Right now everyone on the production team is wearing a few hats... Over the weekend Thomas Koveleskie who is our Director and Co Writer (and now also wearing the producers hat) had a meeting with the Borough officials of Northumberland, PA. This quaint historic town has opened up it's doors to us for shooting and has graciously offered us any Borough locations for shooting. They also will be helping us put together a re-enactment of the 1976 4th of July Parade that was part of Americas Bicentennial celebration complete with vintage floats, colonial dressed people, horses etc etc. We will be shooting the parade on a historic street where time has stood still... This street hasn't changed since it was built in the 1800's. They also offered us the usage of a helicopter for our aerials for just the cost of fuel. One of the board members is also a member of a 1000+ classic car club in central PA and they are offering the use of their cars to us FREE of charge. This means that we can fill the streets with cars from 1976 and below. We especially have a need for a group of muscle cars for a few scenes. What they are willing to do for us is absolutely HUGE and unbelievable... Northumberland sits adjacent to Sunbury, PA where we will also be shooting scenes. Way to go Thomas!

If anyone knows of a very talented and experienced producer that wants to come on board a fantastic project... send them our way... Thomas is looking for some help. So far everyone that we have reached out to has provided us with tremendous support and resources. Hopefully we will be announcing a few more key team members this week as well.
Old June 28th, 2011, 08:07 AM   #3
Regular Crew

We are pleased to announce that Jay Cost has joined the team as Music Supervisor - Jay Costa lives in Los Angeles, California. Jay is the owner of Half Full Music Supervision and Licensing, LLC.which has most recently supervised the music for such films as "Beyond the Basement Door" produced by Ten Wings Films and "Deference and Bridges" produced by Churchill Pictures. Jay has also assisted in song clearance for the Vacationeer Productions film "Planet World". Previously Jay held the position of Song Plugger/ Admin. Assistant for the music library company Musicsupervisor.com. He was also the Industry Outreach Consultant for Access Film Music Ltd. Jay runs the online video blog Film, Online videos, music, Youtube and comedy - Home which covers the happenings of the music and film scenes. Jay is truly passionate about contributing to the aesthetics of a film through music supervision. Welcome aboard Jay!
Old June 28th, 2011, 08:19 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hello, I'm Maria Maneos the lucky production designer working on the project! Tom Koveleskie the director/producer asked me if I would write a little bit about the process so far. I met Tom through creative circles in the Philly, PA some years ago. He asked me if I would do him a favor and read the script for Summer Of '76. I instantly fell in love with it and thought they had something special on their hands. I was quite surprised when Tom offered me the role of production designer. My background is in theater and art. I have a strong interest in theater and film production design. Admittedly the 70's wasn't my generation. I was very young but do have some memories of the later part of the decade. I have been doing a lot of research on the decade. But I have to say that collaborating with Tom is great. He is a 70's detail and trivia machine. I really mean that... He has a vision of the whole movie floating around in his head right down to the smallest of details. It was his generation and he knows exactly what he wants and how it should look. He has taught me a lot about the different styles and trends from the 70's. We have been searching for props, locations etc and recently the town council of Northumberland, PA offered us a tremendous amount of assistance with the project. They basically gave us the key to the town and will help us re-create the big bicentennial parade scene, plus as many classic cars as we need. That is awesome and I am really looking forward to getting everyone ready for the parade. I don't know what else I can say at this point, but I will try my best to write about any cool accomplishments or milestones that we achieve.

Maria
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:18 AM   #5
Regular Crew

We were asked if we would share the trial and tribulations of getting our project into production. Hi Tom here. As the director (and right now the main producer for our project) I wanted to start sharing some of my thoughts on the process and the story right from the get go. I'll talk about the business side later as well. But I want to first talk about developing an idea into a story and then the story into a great screenplay. In my case it was a true story based on an adventure that I was part way back in 1976. That made me an expert with the subject material and was a good start. I always felt that our story was worthy of being made into a movie. But that was just my opinion and I thought many times "what if I am wrong?" That was my first step and it should be yours... Do you really have a story that is worth of telling and will it really appeal to an audience? Who will that audience be and why? It is also very important to know your market and target audience. More on that later. We all have stories and experiences in life, but are they noteworthy and interesting enough to make a good screenplay and movie? This is the bottom line. Everything that you do during the film making process will ultimately boil down to a defining moment in the editing room. Did you really have a good story and concept to work with? I don't think anyone will disagree with this very basic premise, it doesn't make a difference whether it is a student film or one that you are making for theatrical release. It's all about a good story first and foremost.
Old July 11th, 2011, 11:18 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Check this out! A big welcome to our newest cast member WILDTHING to SUMMER OF '76. He is 2,300 Lbs of stomping beast! WILDTHING and his owner The Buffalo Whisperer signed on to the project yesterday. They have been featured on ABC's 20/20 and Animal Planet shows many times as well as TV shows from around the world! His scene should be very interesting...
Attached Thumbnails
Introducing our feature project SUMMER OF '76-wildthing-buffalo-whisperer-2a.jpg  
Old September 15th, 2011, 01:21 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Summer of '76 announces the casting of Casey Dubois for the lead role as Kove. Hailing from Vancouver, British Columbia, Casey is an accomplished and very talented actor who has been acting since the age of 7 and has appeared in 23 Television and Feature Film projects. Casey started his acting career in 2000 and has had roles in many major motion pictures including Snakes on a Plane with Samual L. Jackson and Julianna Margulies, The Final Cut with Robin Williams and Mira Sorvino, and Are We There Yet? with Ice Cube and Nia Long. Casey has also appeared in such notable Television shows as Stephen Kings Dead Zone, Stargate Atlantis, The Days and most recently The Haunting Hour: The Series as Josh. Casey is skilled in Improvisation, voiceover, performs his own stunts and is an all around athlete that plays many sports. He is also an experienced Music Mix DJ. You can learn more about Casey at his IMDB page IMDb Pro : Casey Dubois Business Details
Attached Thumbnails
Introducing our feature project SUMMER OF '76-casey-dubois3-cropped.jpg  
Old September 15th, 2011, 01:23 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Summer of '76 announces the casting of Jessica DiGiovanni to a featured role in the movie. Jessica will be making her Off-Broadway debut this December with MTC in Molly Smith-Metzlers play Close Up Space, opposite David Hyde Pierce. She also is a "Certifier" on the show Certified for the Music Choice Channel, which will be running till the end of 2011. Film and TV credits: The Sitter (Dir. David Gordon Green), What Would You Do? (ABC Primetime News), Celebrity Ghost Stories (Biography Channel), Little Pink Balloon (Dir. Lacy Wittman), Dreams of a Petrified Head (Dir. Dan Ouelette), Amy (Dir. R.P. Patnaik), The Collector (Dir. Ezequiel Arribas), and more. Theater credits: Training Wisteria by Molly Smith Metzler (Cherry Lane Theatre), Fool for Love (Under St. Marks), Marion Bridge (Director's Co. dir: Laila Robins), and more. She can also be seen in commercials for Comedy Central, MTV and Flatrate Moving currently running on both coasts. Her voice can be heard in ads for Samsung, Starbucks, DSW, Mitsubishi, and more. Training: Fordham College at Lincoln Center, Moscow Art Theatre (MXAT) and LAMDA. She currently resides in NYC. Jessica's official website jessica digiovanni .com and Jessica DiGiovanni - IMDb
Attached Thumbnails
Introducing our feature project SUMMER OF '76-digiovanni-1.jpg  
Old September 26th, 2011, 07:27 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I'm very pleased to announce that Carr Thompson has been added to the cast of Summer of '76 in the role of Martzy. Carr is an accomplished and very talented actor that has appeared in Feature Films ,Television series and national ad campaigns for AT&T, Nintendo and Six flags. Carr's body of work includes the films True Adolescents, The Metrosexual and was the voice of Arthur in the animated movie Arthurs Missing Pals. His Television appearances include the series Criminal Minds, Jimmy Kimmel Live and the Ellen Degeneres Show. You can learn more about Carr at his IMDB page http://www.imdb.com/name/nm220​4853/
Attached Thumbnails
Introducing our feature project SUMMER OF '76-carr-thompson.jpg  
Old October 13th, 2011, 07:32 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Summer of '76 is pleased to announce that Brett Loehr has been cast to a leading role as Billy - Hailing from Los Angeles, California, Bret is a seasoned and very talented actor who has been performing since the age of 8. He has appeared in 25 Television and Feature Film projects. Bret started his acting career in 2001 and has had roles in many major motion pictures including Identity with John C...usack and Ray Liotta, Veritas- Prince of truth with Sean Patrick Flannery and Kate Walsh, and True Adolescents with Oscar winner Melissa Leo and Mark Duplass. Bret has also appeared in such notable Television shows as Medium, ER, Without A Trace and Cracking Up. Bret is skilled in Improvisation, and has appeared in commercials for McDonalds, Nestle' and Oral- B. You can learn more about Bret at his IMDB page IMDb Pro : Bret Loehr Business Details

Summer Of 76 Movie Site
Attached Images

Old October 14th, 2011, 08:38 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Lots of big news announced this week and the project website/movie poster has been revamped. Please drop on by and say hello! Summer Of 76 Movie Site
Attached Thumbnails
Introducing our feature project SUMMER OF '76-summer-76-cover-poster-draft-15-bret-casey-carr-700x487.jpg  
Tom Koveleskie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work