A Story - 7D short film at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old July 25th, 2011, 11:35 AM   #1
New Boot

A Story - 7D short film

This is my first HD short film - I've used DVX previously. Shot with 7D and mixture of Zeiss 50mm and Canon EF 35mm lens. Audio recorded with Zoom H4N. Lighting is all natural with one scene lit with the living room light turned on.

I appreciate any feedback/critics :)
Somnang Vann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 01:59 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: A Story - 7D short film

Great short. The camera work and lighting is good. You obviously know what you are doing.

Some suggests (subjective ones of course):

1. Would have preferred steady shots instead of handheld. It came off as too jerky and distracting when justapoxed with the pacing and music.

2. I would have preferred a better title than 'A story' - It's like designing the world's best car and calling it 'A car'. A good title goes a long way in getting views.

3. Eyelines didn't match sometimes, but I'm sure you already know that.

Bottom line: It's a fine effort. Thank you for sharing.
Old July 28th, 2011, 10:59 AM   #3
New Boot

Re: A Story - 7D short film

Sareesh, thanks for the feedback!!

I originally planned on going mainly steady shots, with only a few handheld here and there, but time was against us. Especially outside where the sun was going down too fast so we had to rush some of the shots.

Great point on the title. Going forward I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Shoot, I was hoping i'll get away with the eyelines not matching lol. I need to put more planning on the shots.

Thanks again for commenting!
Somnang Vann is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work