Anybody Worked on a Lady GaGa Video? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old August 4th, 2011, 08:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Anybody Worked on a Lady GaGa Video?

While they're not my style, they do push the limits and the technical quality is outstanding.

If any of you guys of worked on one I just wanted a look into the creative process that results in something like Andrea or Bad Romance.

Part of my problem is I do not understand or work well in the abstract. I like to have a story with a beginning, middle and end. This has been a major limitation in trying to do music videos.
Old August 5th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #2
Wrangler

Re: Anybody Worked on a Lady GaGa Video?

It helps when you have some of the largest budgets in the music video industry to work with! We constantly use those as a benchmark when struggling to make "epics" on 1/25th the budget of hers.

I know people who have worked on them, but if you are curious about the creative process and narrative construction, really the director and possibly the editor will be the only ones to truly be able to speak about that.
Old August 5th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Anybody Worked on a Lady GaGa Video?

yeah, by the way in the big leagues - writers write the treatments often for directors - and revised and checked by a ton of people - then there is a league of art directors and stylists at the ready to lend their talents to the project before frame one is even shot.

there are fashion style videos, narrative, etc - many are homages to some other artist work ( sometimes they get sued too )

hire someone to write the concept if you feel you cant write something abstractly visual to direct.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work