DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Demo reel (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/499516-demo-reel.html)

Buba Kastorski August 12th, 2011 07:25 AM

Demo reel

I'm updating my website and working on my demo reel; being an "old" guy I would like to hear your opinion if it looks appealing for younger generation, it looks Ok to me, but I know there is always room for improvement,
thanks!

Wedding demo reel By Arsen . On ExposureRoom

John Tormey August 16th, 2011 11:04 AM

Re: Demo reel

Wow Very nice, love the shoots. What type of cameras and steady-cam are you using. How many cameras do you use to cover one wedding. How did you rig up the tray with the shot glasses? There is nothing "old" about that demo reel- Loved It!

David Barnett August 16th, 2011 02:21 PM

Yeah, really great! Very diverse, alot of different settings, characters, events you've seen it all. Like the shot glass shot as well.

Nice demo.

Buba Kastorski August 16th, 2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Tormey (Post 1675466)
Wow Very nice, love the shoots. What type of cameras and steady-cam are you using. How many cameras do you use to cover one wedding. How did you rig up the tray with the shot glasses? There is nothing "old" about that demo reel- Loved It!

It's 3-4 cameras, EX1 on steadicam pilot, HF G10 on the crane and the rest are DSLRs, 1D, 5D and recently added 60D; for the shot on the tray you need a full frame and 15mm fisheye, just set the 5D on the tray and off you go :)
tried 14mm but can't focus, too close, or you need a larger tray :)

Tom Bostick August 17th, 2011 05:00 AM

your Steadicam shots are brilliant. you've got a stunning demo reel Buba!

Buba Kastorski December 6th, 2011 08:19 AM

thank you guys!
appreciate all the comments

Ken Diewert December 7th, 2011 12:37 PM

Hey Buba,

Very nice stuff there... some great inventive shots. Great steadicam work as well. I may 'borrow' that shot glass shot. Very cool!

Bruce Foreman December 11th, 2011 01:20 AM

Outstanding in every respect. I had to watch it 3 times for it's entertainment value.

Neat stuff for an older guy.

The music also swept it along at an exhilarating pace. What did you use? Something from a royalty free collection?

Bryan Gilchrist January 5th, 2012 09:28 PM

Nice reel, but the music was a bit much if you're trying to sell weddings. Between the music, the shot cuts and the distorted video effect, I was expecting a bomb to go off or something within the first 15 seconds and for Tom Cruise to come in and save the day.

The whole reel kind of had a Mission Impossible feel to it, I guess.

Other than that, the shots, exposure and everything else was great! You should consider doing commercials professionally (if you don't already).

Andy Graham January 8th, 2012 03:39 PM

Id hire you in a minute if i got married, that was top class work. I agree with Bryan on the music front, i thought it was the exorcist soundtrack for the first 10 sec

Noel Lising January 9th, 2012 11:24 AM

Nice demo reel. For the tray shot, would a GoPro be able to pull that off?

Trent Watts January 9th, 2012 11:11 PM

WOW. Stunning cinematography. Though I agree with Andy and Bryan on the music. I'd probably cut out the first 21 seconds and start with the groomsmen walking toward the camera.