DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   THE SUPER LIST" Short Film Superhero theme (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/500954-super-list-short-film-superhero-theme.html)

Will Gallego September 22nd, 2011 06:49 AM

THE SUPER LIST" Short Film Superhero theme

What would you do if you discovered you had super powers?

Here is a fictional short film shot with the Canon 5D. Hope you enjoy.

Director of Photography: Will Gallego
Written and Directed by: Adam Winston
Music Composer: William Gallego
Sound Editor: Anders Johansson
Produced by: Will Gallego, Adam Winston, Frank Gallego

Alan Emery September 22nd, 2011 01:26 PM

Re: THE SUPER LIST" Short Film Superhero theme

Hey Will,

Great little movie! "Super" natural performers. Great idea and very nicely produced in all areas. Your use of the limited DoF worked well without being overdone.

Congratulations,
Alan

Will Gallego September 22nd, 2011 07:47 PM

Thank you Allen. I could not have gotten to this level of production without some critical resources, including the DVINFO community. Not sure if you can see my threads from just a couple of years ago, but I reached out for some support here, and found it. They gave me great advice that I applied, including helping me to decide on getting a Canon 5D, when HDSL's were relatively still new.

Andrew Parker September 23rd, 2011 03:15 PM

Hi an excellent short, good story and well acted and produced, as you say to get to this level you need serious resources, it is a steep learning curve but well worth it when you do something like that.

Will Gallego September 23rd, 2011 04:36 PM

Thanks Andrew, resources were not available back then, neither was the technology affordable, such as HDSL cameras to help use true story telling techniques.

Being recognized by Videomaker was a true honor for me and made it worth it in the end. Check out my story and the story behind this movie at the link below:

Videomaker Story on The Super List movie

Andrew Parker September 24th, 2011 03:22 AM

Thanks for the link, great insight to what can be achieved with with hard work and determination, it was an inspirational story. My son did film studies at college and i bought him some equipment and i got interested in all aspects of the making of movies, we work together on ideas and have started a project now but finding time after work and trying to get some decent weather to shoot outside where we live in the north UK is difficult, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Andrew.

Will Gallego October 7th, 2011 11:37 AM

Thank you Andrew. Good luck on your movie project. Make it happen, find the time by setting a deadline otherwise you will find yourselves still working on your projects years later. If the project is too big, perhaps work on smaller ones to continue to develop your skills.

Andrew Parker October 7th, 2011 04:51 PM

Sound advice i am going to make it happen.
thanks.

Kevin Lewis October 10th, 2011 08:46 PM

Outstanding!! A+! This is something that could easily be picked up by Disney as a short in between movies (like at a drive in). Great job.

Will Gallego October 17th, 2011 03:29 PM

Thank you Kevin. Didn't know they still have Drive In's but glad you value our work. That would be special.

Henrik Holmberg October 19th, 2011 01:27 PM

I'm impressed! It looked professional. Great job!

Will Gallego October 26th, 2011 04:58 PM

Re: THE SUPER LIST" Short Film CANON 5D Mark II

Thank you Henrick. HDSLR's have provided us the opportunity to tell a narrative story at a low budget. Never would of tempted to make a movie a few years ago, simply because I could not invest that kind of money to make a movie production to the level I expect. Great to get back into film.

Will Gallego August 25th, 2012 10:00 PM

Hey folks...here is an alternate opening I put together the day after we shot the footage. Still my favorite opening, a few of the cast agree.

We just felt it was too warm and fuzzy to introduce the bully characters. Would like your feed back on both the short and this alternate opening.

Chris Barcellos August 25th, 2012 11:40 PM

Great work on this film. I think the opening you settled on worked better than the second "favorite".

I got a tiny bit distracted at first, because I felt like the hair color on kid "hero" shifted a bit, like they were done in different lighting.

Great shootting techique through out the film.

Color grading seemed well done.

Andrew Parker August 26th, 2012 12:01 PM

I do like this alternative opening better than the original,it is longer and gives you more time to get the characters, although i do like the music, it does makes it seem too friendly to introduce the bullies. I would like to see it again using the original opening music as it is more menacing.
Regardless it is still a great piece of work.