BackpackersReview Episode 1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old October 30th, 2011, 08:06 PM   #1
Regular Crew

BackpackersReview Episode 1

Finally got around to shooting and editing my backpacking reviews and tips video. I am hoping to have an ongoing series of these and build an audience. This first one could have used a bit more planning by me and I missed a couple of things, BUT I just wanted to get one shot and edited knowing I would learn a lot from the first one... and I did. Now I feel like I could do several and improve them too. Any feedback is appreciated. I am not the one on camera and I met Dan for the first time on the day of the shoot! All things considered, I was pleased with this first take, knowing it will get better:

BackpackersReview's Channel - YouTube

If you are interested in backpacking, feel free to subscribe to my channel! Thanks!
Scott Lancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 07:00 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: BackpackersReview Episode 1

Scott, looked pretty good to me. Dan seems to be a natural talent. Framing, continuity and variety of shots looked good. I noticed the background looked a little blown out a few times but that was minor.
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 08:31 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the comments Mark. Yes, I was pleased with Dan... he was quite comfortable on camera and got better as we went along. I shot it with my new XF300 (which I had had only a couple of weeks). What I am going to start doing is a conclusion where Dan will preview the next episode and what gear will be reviewed. Yeah, we filmed in mid-morning and the light was changing fast... I did have the segment on the SPOT messenger a little over-exposed. Thanks again.
Scott Lancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 10:22 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks to everyone who viewed my video. Youtube has placed ads on it now (I agreed to let them), so I guess I could make a little $$? Anyone have experience with the Youtube/Google monetized video system. I am not expecting much in the way of $$, but just curious. Thanks and feel free to click an ad if you find it interesting ;)

BackpackersReview's Channel - YouTube
Scott Lancaster is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work