EF 24-105 mm f/4L IS USM at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old November 5th, 2011, 01:57 AM   #1
Trustee

EF 24-105 mm f/4L IS USM

This was a test shoot with the EF 24-105 mm f/4L IS USM

Any constructive criticism on how to make this better would be appreciated.
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2011, 05:24 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: EF 24-105 mm f/4L IS USM

Nice canvas to work from, good job capturing it. Not sure what your goal was here, you may have accomplished it already. Perhaps put some titles of the location and setting to identify your project. How can you make it better cinematically, perhaps using some more foreground to background contrast of subjects, such as the shot where you have the lamp/light in front, and scenic background behind you would help. Put your camera at different levels, example, floor/sea level to get a close up of boats and even the pavement and fence had nice patterns to highlight in your project. Good luck.
Will Gallego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2011, 06:53 AM   #3
Major Player

When filming boats I found that using a polarisation filter helped controlling the highlights reflected from the white boat surfaces. As of now you have lot's of clipped whites on the boats...
Sanjin Svajger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 02:29 AM   #4
Trustee

Thanks for the feedback.

I didn't really have a goal for the video, this was the first shoot with this lens and I was surprised at how much better this lens is than the other others I've been using.

Some of the shots really came to life, others not as much. Its interesting trying to figure out the range of a lens.
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work