DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   new music video - mini35 xl2 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/50272-new-music-video-mini35-xl2.html)

Colin Minihan August 30th, 2005 06:37 PM

new music video - mini35 xl2

Hey, here is a vid i just finished it was shot using the xl2, mini 35 w/ nikon still photographic lenses, cut on vegas.... watch away....
www.colinminihan.com/theendisthebeg.mov the song is called The end is the beggining by Cry of the afflicted ( www.purevolume.com/cryoftheafflicted )

or www.myspace.com/colin_minihan

i think only like 10ppl have seen it so far... so heh... give me your open feedback.

Andrew C. Stewart August 30th, 2005 08:01 PM

A lot of it looks really quite nice. Loved the coloring on the narrative part.

I know it was deliberate but the lens flare coupled with all the hand held shots of the band were distracting.

Unrelated to how the video looked...The song was okay but the lead singer was awful...awful awful awful.

Eric Brown August 30th, 2005 11:00 PM

Nice looking footage. I've been waiting to see more XL2 imagery with a 35mm adapter.

Andreas Rylander September 1st, 2005 12:29 PM

Damn fine work in my opinion! Suddenly I get a rush of joy in my body and soul, knowing that I am about to purchase an XL2 PAL with mini35-adapter myself =)

But yeah.. the singer sucked =)

Andreas Rylander September 4th, 2005 05:47 AM

Colin, may I ask what 35 mm adapter you are using?

Neboysha Nenadich September 4th, 2005 11:29 AM

great job mate...
I love fastfast cuts, and this one have dozens of them.
mini35? well, image is really great...
maybe a main character is a liitle bit overacting at some points, but, it's just me - trying to give at least some criticsm... :)

Ash Greyson September 4th, 2005 04:33 PM

Nice indie video for a forgettable band. I like the cuts and colors, lots of good shots in there. Try some more focus moves next time, take full advantage of that shallow DOF.

ash =o)

Colin Minihan September 4th, 2005 10:35 PM

thx for the comments etc... answer to q : PS TECHNIK MINI 35 adapter is what was used.

yah wrack some more eh.. dunno man dont really think i need to screem out look at me im shooting with 35mm lenses! anymore than i already have haha...

Andreas Rylander September 8th, 2005 10:27 AM

Well I think it is perfect =) Great job, man =) Inspiration comes a'flowing ^.^

Since I am planning on getting the same gear (i.e. XL2 PAL and Mini35) I was also wondering what lenses you use and if the lenses show the "appropriate" image when you switch the camera to 16:9? No complications there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin Minihan
thx for the comments etc... answer to q : PS TECHNIK MINI 35 adapter is what was used.

yah wrack some more eh.. dunno man dont really think i need to screem out look at me im shooting with 35mm lenses! anymore than i already have haha...

Colin Minihan September 8th, 2005 03:01 PM

yeah, you can shoot in 16x9 and their is no problems.. its exactly right through the viewfinder while shooting. The lenses used in that vid are a 24mm at f2.8, 35mm f1.8, 50mm f1.4, 105mm f 2.0.

hope this helps.

Andreas Rylander September 8th, 2005 04:44 PM

Awesome =) Thanks =)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin Minihan
yeah, you can shoot in 16x9 and their is no problems.. its exactly right through the viewfinder while shooting. The lenses used in that vid are a 24mm at f2.8, 35mm f1.8, 50mm f1.4, 105mm f 2.0.

hope this helps.

Kyle Kauss September 9th, 2005 10:18 AM

great video, the singer does need some work, he does have a good scream though.

Emre Safak September 9th, 2005 10:49 AM

I liked it after turning the sound off :)