Blood, Milk and Sky at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old January 14th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Blood, Milk and Sky

Folks, I shot his six months ago. It's been a pet project, so it took a while to do all of the post work. Please check it out and comment, good or bad, I don't care. Of course, I hope you like it.

When I started, I had no idea that Rob Zombie had written the words.

It was shot in five hours. I used three 5DM2's, one was on a Stedicam. All of the audio was done in post, and the difference between the raw footage and the resulting video is tremendous. I will post a video that shows this later.

If anyone has questions, I'm happy to answer them.

Before anyone asks, the Stedicam camera had a 14mm lens from Russia. It's not the sharpest thing around, but I like the look of it. We could have swapped lenses on that rig, but we didn't really have time to re-balance the rig.

Cheers,

Sterling.
Old January 18th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #2
New Boot

Re: Blood, Milk and Sky

First thing I noticed was the sound design. Great job on the creepy voice and the ambient noises too. The little girl was a good voice actor too.

As for the rest, there seemed to be a lack of story, which is really the only thing that counts in any film. I felt like it was just too many shots of the zombie walking around and not enough progression in the shots. Each shot should build on the one before it.
Trent Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Blood, Milk and Sky

Trent, thanks for you thoughts. I don't disagree with you, but this was a spur of the moment project. I happened to have some extra gear from a "real" shoot, and I thought I'd take advantage of having the equipment. This came together in a day. All I could think of at the time was about a lonely zombie wandering around the streets of LA, so with no time for real prep work or to write a script, I Googled 'zombie poems' and up cam the lyrics to a White Zombie song. Of course, I didn't know the origin of the words, until I got into production.

This was serious run and gun work. Shot in five hours, in the middle of the night.

It may be lacking in plot, but I enjoyed playing with the visuals. I will be posting another version so people can see how much was done in post.

Cheers,

Sterling

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work