corporate web video - DYI or Pro at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old January 23rd, 2012, 05:14 AM   #1
AVPA

corporate web video - DIY or Pro

This clip was created to achieve two purposes - firstly as a testimonial that Katherine could use, and secondly as a comparison that I could use to illustrate the importance of having a well filmed & edited clip, versus a DIY.

This year I had attended several seminars to assist businesses network & grow among like-minded people. In a few conferences, there had been presenters discussing the topic of video testimonials. At first I thought, "YES!!!" until I heard the suggestion of DIY with a phone. Now I know phones are great - they shoot great stuff and makes it easy to upload on the net. But do you really want this to be the face of your business???

I listened to speakers compare dress codes and wearing muddy boots to an interview - well as biased as this may sound, DIY video for a business and for your website is exactly the same. With social media being in the forefront of advertising and successful business, what is presented on your site reflects your target market.

The DIY video suggestion bothered me.

So I enlisted Katherine on an experiment. Our team filmed using radio mics, lighting, sliders, tripods, glidecam & dslr cameras in a well constructed interview that was storyboarded & directed..the difference is so obvious.

Last edited by Rochelle Morris; January 23rd, 2012 at 05:55 AM.
Rochelle Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 07:39 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: corporate web video - DYI or Pro

Well done Rochelle. I think your point on DIY video for business was certainly made.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work