iPhone 4S and Filmic Pro: Chinese New Year 2012 in NY at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old January 29th, 2012, 08:20 AM   #1
Major Player

iPhone 4S and Filmic Pro: Chinese New Year 2012 in NY

The iPhone 4S has a really amazing camera, but to really take full advantage of it can do. I use the Filmic Pro app, which allows the locking of focus, exposure and white balance. It also allows higher bit rates, and shooting in 24P. I also use a DiffCase on the iPhone to allow a better grip on the thing.
It's kind of scary, but it holds its own against my Canon HDSLR and the thing is always in my pocket.

Here's my quick video from this past Monday. Edited in Final Cut Pro [raw files converted to Prores] and applied Magic Bullet Quick Look to the footage.

Watch it in HD--or if you have an AppleTV, even better.

Yes, there are some bad camera moves, but I guess I got a bit too excited trying to capture everything.
John C. Chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 10:08 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: iPhone 4S and Filmic Pro: Chinese New Year 2012 in NY

It's quite amazing from a phone!
Geoff Holland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2012, 11:39 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: iPhone 4S and old lens

Hi All,

It is possible to use my Canon XL1 14x manual zoom lens with a lens adapter on the iPhone 4S since the sensor format for the iPhone is about the same (1/3.2" (4.54 x 3.42 mm)). Would something like the EnCinema adapter with a mCam accomplish that; or, would I need yet another adapter to interface with that lens adapter. What about the 16x zoom lens that came with the XL1 ? How would that affect the aspect ratio? What would be the effect on the resolution shooting 720p or 1080p ?

Thank you in advance for all the great minds at work.

Aletha
Aletha Jones is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work