DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   "Spy Moms" - c'mon, you have 5 minutes to kill (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/50536-spy-moms-cmon-you-have-5-minutes-kill.html)

Andrew Kimery September 4th, 2005 06:59 PM

"Spy Moms" - c'mon, you have 5 minutes to kill

http://www.kimery.net/movies/SpyMoms.mov

"Spy Moms" was shot on a Z1U and down-converted into FCP.

Enjoy,
Andrew

P.S. Yes, I know some color correction needs to happen. :)

Michael Plunkett September 4th, 2005 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Kimery
http://www.kimery.net/movies/SpyMoms.mov

"Spy Moms" was shot on a Z1U and down-converted into FCP.

Enjoy,
Andrew

P.S. Yes, I know some color correction needs to happen. :)

I loved it, Nice acting with good dialog. Nice look to the film. Nice camera, huh? You did I great job with it. Tell us more, I see it is your first post.

Andrew Kimery September 5th, 2005 02:53 AM

Cool, I'm glad you liked it. I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to join up (obviously).

"Spy Moms" was written and directed by a friend & co-worker of mine. It was shot over 2 1/2 days on a budget just large enough to rent gear and provide craft services. I cut the movie in about 3wks and audio post was done in about a week. I was also on hand during production shooting some behind-the-scenes footage. I can't say enough good things about the cast and crew. Very pro and very efficient. The DP and gaffer did a great job keeping the look consistent from shot to shot (I haven't done color correction at all yet), and our audio man was awesome as well. Very clean production audio, and he did a stellar job mixing and sound designing as well.

Editing went relatively smoothly (save for the long nights 'cause at the time I was workin' 12-14hrs/day at my day job). There wasn't a lot of coverage, but the director knew what shots he wanted and they worked. I think there was about 3.5hrs of tape shot.

-Andrew

Steve Nunez September 5th, 2005 07:07 AM

I really liked it too- you guys did a great job with it.

I didn't get the part with the sugar pack- did I miss something there? Was she "taken" with the sugar-pack guy?

Excellent job.......post more videos when you get a chance- I think the guys here would like them.
Have fun.

Jay Gladwell September 5th, 2005 08:55 AM

Nice job--great videography and audio!

Who did the "computer program"?

Jay

Andrew Kimery September 6th, 2005 03:03 AM

Steve,

The "sugar" scene didn't quite go as planned and had to get trimmed down (we had a 5min time limit including credits) so it's not as clear as I'd like it to be. Yes, the girl is supposed to get swept off her feet by the tall American.

Jay,
Michael Moragne (who was also the 1st AD) designed the "computer program." Like I said before, great cast and crew. I didn't have to "fix it in post" and the great sound design really pulls you into the piece, IMO.

Again, thank you all for the kind words and I'll definitely post more of my vids. Might have to wait until next month though (we'll see how much of my bandwidth "Spy Moms" uses).

-Andrew

Neboysha Nenadich September 6th, 2005 03:58 AM

heheh... it's hilarious... The Mom is a great actress... :)
I felt music was not right in some moments, but it's subjective. "mission started" scene when they turn on the projector and all that is the best -clean editing, nice lighting, good acting...

I love the picture of Z1U...

Meryem Ersoz September 6th, 2005 07:32 AM

very cute and witty and original...it's nice to see someone with a spanky new camera do something besides zombies and aliens.

what is the significance of jungle juice? what made that name important enough to print up special cups?

Cemil Giray September 6th, 2005 07:48 AM

Loved it!!

Michael Le September 6th, 2005 03:10 PM

Great video

I really liked the video. Put together really well.
Not that I've used this corny line before, but the 'sugar' packet thing probably went like this.
*hands girl the sugar packet* 'Hey, I think you lost your name tag'

Andrew Kimery September 7th, 2005 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz
what is the significance of jungle juice? what made that name important enough to print up special cups?

There is a chain that sells "fruit smoothie" type drinks called "Jamba Juice" so we were playing off of that. And it looks better than just using a generic styrofoam cup (makes the world feel more "real" in a way).

Andrew

Jerry Porter September 8th, 2005 01:48 PM

Really well done. maybe as an alternate ending have the last girl pull off her mask in his room to reveal the hot girl after the moms leave the house. Just a thought.

Andrew Kimery December 19th, 2005 09:06 PM

Just a quick update "Spy Moms" was recently accepted into the San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival.

-A

Jean-Francois Robichaud December 19th, 2005 11:26 PM

And it's good! Very imaginative. Lots of great moments. I love the computer graphics. The 4 moms are hilarious (they scare me). Great secret weapon.

Derrick A.Jones January 1st, 2006 09:55 PM

Spy Mom's is great!! like the part when he said that he was going to with another girl and the mother was like" get info on her and i want it now". the whole thing turned into a mission impossible type of deal. had some very funny parts. quality and editing was very good also. good film