Green Battery Commercial at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old March 14th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Green Battery Commercial

I made a commercial that I have not yet shown to our company president and wanted to get some objective thoughts before doing so. Please give your honest opinions on if I am ready to send this to broadcast OR if more work is needed.

Many TV commercials are very fancy with lots of special effects, this one is much more basic however it's main goal is to SELL BATTERIES. Think it will?
Old March 14th, 2012, 07:46 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Green Battery Commercial

Oh, anyone who wants to view might need this: Battery Commercial Draft - YouTube
Old March 14th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #3
Trustee

It's a good effort. Since I don't know the market, I don't know whether it targets the right audience.

Generally however, here are some observations:
1. Why is it in 4:3, and not 16:9 aspect?
2. The biggest concern I had while watching it was that I had to read and listen at the same time - that's a big no-no in advertising.
3. Try changing the background from pure white to a gradient for a more polished look.
4. The fonts can be spaced out (and changed) for better readability - if you are hell bent on making your audience read.
5. Try to find better images to replace the beginning - if it is not interesting at the beginning, nobody will stick around to watch the end.

Maybe you know about this already, but I recommend reading on the AIDA principle of advertising here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDA_(marketing)

Hope this helps, and all the best with your presentation.
Old March 14th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #4
Trustee

•*The white background on the logo is a little different than the background of your video. This might be hard to see on some monitors, but it could stick out to a viewer on a TV.

• Instead of having all six vehicle pics on the same screen, maybe do two a time to change things up a bit with some neat graphics to transition between them.
Old March 15th, 2012, 08:42 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks for those observations. More are welcome. I also found a sound issue were it was not coming through both speakers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work