New video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old August 9th, 2012, 11:15 AM   #1
Regular Crew

New video

Check out our new video! It is a quick interview plus a great live acoustic performance from Allan of the band Stringer Lake.

A haunting but beautiful song... you may hit replay a few times!

Live at 145 - Stringer Lake - Tivoli Films Inc. - Tivoli Films Inc.
Brent Hallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 05:59 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: New video

Hi Brent,

I loved how crisp the footage was, great colours (or lack thereof!) and shot selection. Great location too. You brought out the texture of that stone wall so well.

I particularly enjoyed the tracking shots during the interview and performance, but did find occasional imperfections in the movement and some of the crossfades a little distracting.

The audio quality was excellent throughout both interview and performance. If you don't mind my asking what were you using to record on/into?

Henry

Last edited by Henry Williams; August 13th, 2012 at 06:00 AM. Reason: I put an extra "the" in the first sentence.
Henry Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Henry,

Thanks for the feedback. The playback on Vimeo isn't always the smoothest and I did notice a difference in the smoothness from the original file to the vimeo one (original is better), cross fades are also much smoother on the original.

As for the audio, I recorded the speaking with one of my Sennheiser MKH 50's, plugged into my Marantz PMD-661.

For the song, I had him sing into my AKG C 414 B-XL II and had the MKH 50 on the guitar. These were both plugged directly into the Marantz PMD-661.

Footage was filmed with EX3 and EX1.

-Brent
Brent Hallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 10:11 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi Brent,

Have had similar issues with Vimeo on occasion. Very frustrating when it happens. Thanks so much for all the info. Really helpful.

Henry
Henry Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work