DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   CHERRYBOMB - MOVING TO THE CITY music video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/51023-cherrybomb-moving-city-music-video.html)

Colin Minihan September 13th, 2005 03:51 PM

CHERRYBOMB - MOVING TO THE CITY music video

www.colinminihan.com/movingtothecity.mov

or www.myspace.com/colin_minihan

my new music video for Cherrybomb, the single "moving to the city" off their maplemusic/universal release "speed of light".

let me know what you think... the vid will be going out to muchmusic/muchmore soon.. but you guys are the first to get a peek.

Jay Gladwell September 13th, 2005 04:13 PM

I was truly impressed... on all fronts! Looked very good! Wish we could see more here like this!!!

Music A
Picture A
Editing A

How about some production particulars?

Jay

Colin Minihan September 13th, 2005 05:11 PM

I shot the video on the canon xl2 using ps technik mini 35 adapter w/ nikon mount using 4 lenses. 24mm , 35mm, 50mm, 105mm

the vid had no budget because the budget was spent on a video for the lead single, speed of light only to have the director fail to complete it. on the rooftop i got access to about 6 1k arri lights... in the bed room i had to go buy 500w contruction lights from wallmart... pretty getto style shooting.

here are some production photos ...

www.colinminihan.com/colinjenny.jpg

www.colinminihan.com/roof.JPG

www.colinminihan.com/cherrybombposter.jpg

also, im in the middle of cutting a small making of so check back for that.

Jay Gladwell September 13th, 2005 06:38 PM

Well, Colin, you did an outstanding job! You should be very proud!!!

Jay

Riley Stearns September 13th, 2005 06:53 PM

Great stuff yet again. Did you shoot this in Vancouver Colin?

Colin Minihan September 13th, 2005 07:37 PM

yah, downtown and ... walking shit is in richmond just outside of van, back where airport is.. as is the piano.

Kyle Kauss September 14th, 2005 10:28 AM

Wow just an all around awesome video Colin the tints you used were just awesome.

Glen Chua September 14th, 2005 08:13 PM

I absolutely loved this man, you say your in Vancouver?? If you ever need like, a PA or help or anything, I would love to help ya out bud! I loved the song too!

Glen Chua
www.moonlitefilms.com

Barry Gribble September 15th, 2005 07:28 PM

I actually think this is my favorite video that I've seen posted here. Very very nice.

What kind of color correction did you do on the footage? It looks very rich.

Did you have a dolly on the roof shots?

The only thing I can offer in the way of constructive criticism, and it's only by digging, is that by the end of the video I found myself wanting a greater diversity of shots on the roof. It seemed like we were recycling angles and such by the end, and the other settings did not seem that way.

I could seriously see that on MTV, though. Great job. Keep it up, and keep posting.

Colin Minihan September 16th, 2005 08:46 PM

cut in vegas... bulleted... pvc pipe dolly on rooftop

Steve Franco September 18th, 2005 09:58 AM

The video looks great Colin. The cinematography in this video is great. The shots were varied, and it never looked boring.

Andreas Rylander September 25th, 2005 10:46 AM

Awesome job!!! =)

Inspiring stuff as usual, thanks for sharing =)

Colin Minihan September 30th, 2005 04:35 AM

thanks for all the positive comments. I'll get the making of online asap.

Javier Gallen September 30th, 2005 05:27 AM

Excellent job.

Wonderful song, wonderful shots... In one word: ellegant.

Cody Jordan October 2nd, 2005 03:46 AM

hey colin, very impressed by your work. 2 questions...

is the mini35 connected directly to the xl2? I looks like it is... im not too familiar with it but it seems like this way its the best way to go. How'd you do it?

Also, im guessing the lights you used on the rooftop were daylight balanced? Were they arrisun or arri fresnels?

Keep up the good work man!