DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Sao Miguel, Azores 2012 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/511059-sao-miguel-azores-2012-a.html)

Paulo Teixeira September 29th, 2012 09:50 PM

Sao Miguel, Azores 2012

Just a bunch of clips that I shot in the Azores from the end of August to beginning of September. I was only their for 2 weeks. For a lot of the beginning clips, the weather wasn't that great and the camera was set in a way to sort of look like film. That was unintentional. A lot of the second half clips, I used a standard setting. No color correcting what so ever for this entire piece.

Hacked GH2
FlowMotion patch
Panasonic 20mm lens for everything.
ProMaster variable ND filter for bright days.

Theirs more info on the description area of YouTube.
Choose 1080p if your bandwidth is good enough.

Chris Barcellos September 29th, 2012 10:19 PM

Re: Sao Miguel, Azores 2012

Paulo:

Some comments:

1. Beautiful shots of the Sao Miguel. My father's family is from the Azores ( Tercera ) and these shots make me realize why the sea shore was one of his favorite places to be. He never lived there, but it looks like it just was in his blood.

2. One of the things I would like to have seen is the people. Your shots are almost completely devoid of the people.

But it was certainly beautiful there and your shots show that well.

Paulo Teixeira September 29th, 2012 10:55 PM

Thanks for your comments.

For this piece, my goal was to show the many places you can get to and possibly tomorrow, I'll put the times and locations in the description. I do agree that it looks a bit isolated. I do have tons of clips of the festivals that happened while I'm their that showed a heck of a lot of people. It's very different than what your seeing here and mostly handheld using my SD600 camcorder although some clips of the festivals were from the GH2. I just have to figure out the best way to edit all of that and I'll also consume a lot of my time so I don't know when I'd be expected to upload it. Some of the clips are also pretty wild looking especially the night concerts in front of the church.

I was actually born in the Azores and used to go back every 2 years but recently, it's been longer. The last time I was in the Azores before this recent trip was in January of 2008.

Chris Barcellos September 29th, 2012 10:59 PM

Paulo:

Thanks. I would love to see that footage and compare to what I have known here. Again, beautiful stuff. Makes me want to go visit my grandfather's home. I only wish my father had taken time to go back and visit there.

Paulo Teixeira October 3rd, 2012 06:14 PM

I recently put it on Vimeo only on their are people allowed to download it and that's if the nearly 4 gig file isn't too big. It's an even bigger pain to upload. I was going to do nearly 5 gigs but I realize that some things can only playback files that are 4 gigs max. The exported bit rate for this file is little over 20Mbps but still looks very good.