My new short film/social media experiment - "Glirk Pasternakky, Internet Comedian" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old December 21st, 2012, 01:10 PM   #1
Slash Rules!

My new short film/social media experiment - "Glirk Pasternakky, Internet Comedian"

Ok folks. Bear with me; this is a little weird. I had the idea to do a short film/faux commercial of a comedian promoting himself. Except this comedian doesn't perform anywhere but online. Then I had the idea to take the whole thing farther and constantly write new material, in character, as this comedian, via a Facebook/Twitter page. So it's a short film/fake commercial/social media experiment (the experiment being "how long can I keep this up?" and "will anyone give a crap?"

So, Synopsis:
Glirk Pasternakky is a standup comedian. . .well, really a "sit-down" comedian--BAZUMP! See, when he tried performing live, audiences didn't get his esoteric, post-modern, Kafakaesque take on the tropes of modern existence, so he took his act out of the clubs and onto the highway. . .THE INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY! That's right, he only performs online via social media. He is. . .the SOCIAL coMEDIA-an.

SHORT FILM LINKS (these are all the same movie, just different viewing options):
youtube:
vimeo: Glirk Pasternakky, Internet Comedian on Vimeo

NOW, if you like the short film, get regular updates from Glirk at:

https://www.facebook.com/glirk on Facebook, or

http://twitter.com/glirkp on Twitter.

If, on the other hand, you hate social media and everything associated with it, just [attempt to] enjoy the short film for what it is, send me $5 and a Jack-in-the-Box taco dipped in chocolate, and we'll call it a day.

Toodles!
Josh Bass is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work