DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   WWII Aircraft Assembly & Rigging Time Lapse (GoPro Hero 3 Black) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/513412-wwii-aircraft-assembly-rigging-time-lapse-gopro-hero-3-black.html)

John Weaver January 11th, 2013 03:45 PM

WWII Aircraft Assembly & Rigging Time Lapse (GoPro Hero 3 Black)

Hello all! Since I always gain useful insights and great tips from reading the user forums here at DVInfo, I thought I would post a video of my latest work so that if anyone wants to know about my experiences with the latest GoPro Hero 3 Black cameras, I'll be glad to share!

In short, I used several of the cameras to capture the assembly and hanging of 6 WWII era aircraft at a new pavilion at our museum.

Thanks for watching, and come see me at The National WWII Museum in New Orleans, LA if you get a chance.

Cheers!

John

Allan Black January 11th, 2013 04:37 PM

Re: WWII Aircraft Assembly & Rigging Time Lapse (GoPro Hero 3 Black)

Brilliant John, very clever. North American, Boeing and Grumman couldn't have done it better :)

Is that a real Mustang? Reason I ask is, at Chino in SoCal they make and offer replicas to museums.

Cheers.

Chris Hurd January 11th, 2013 04:39 PM

Awesome! Thanks a ton for sharing this with us, John -- I just saw a news piece this morning on the NBC Today Show about the opening of the Boeing Center / Freedom Pavilion, so this is amazingly timely. I've been to your museum twice, once before Katrina and once after, and I really can't wait to come back and see it again now that these new displays are up. Very much appreciate your showing this here -- thanks again!

Official link: The National WWII Museum | New Orleans: EXPANSION: US Freedom Pavilion: The Boeing Center

Jack D. Hubbard January 11th, 2013 06:57 PM

A really beautiful and thoughtful piece John. Congratulations.

Jack Hubbard

John Weaver January 11th, 2013 09:33 PM

Allan, thanks for the kind words. Yes, good eye--the P-51 is our only replica. All the others are the real deal. You can find more info on all of them at this link: The National WWII Museum | US FREEDOM PAVILION: The Boeing Center: Warbirds

Chris, I have to admit that the new building is quite stunning to say the least. The video shows it in it's dirty and raw form, but now it's all lit up with incredible lighting and the exhibits and interactive screens are first class. You've got to come see it--and I'm seriously not trying to promote it for selfish reasons. I've always been a fan of modern architecture and design and this definitely ranks up there with the best of them. It is simply bad-ass. Thanks for the comments!

Jack, thanks for the kind words! I sat on the choice of music forever, thinking that it didn't work. But when I added the FDR voice, the music fit perfectly. It just needed a bridge from the modern to the old WWII times.

Chris Medico January 12th, 2013 10:08 AM

Great video John. Thanks for sharing. I'm a huge aviation fan.