WWII Aircraft Assembly & Rigging Time Lapse (GoPro Hero 3 Black) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old January 11th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #1
Tourist

WWII Aircraft Assembly & Rigging Time Lapse (GoPro Hero 3 Black)

Hello all! Since I always gain useful insights and great tips from reading the user forums here at DVInfo, I thought I would post a video of my latest work so that if anyone wants to know about my experiences with the latest GoPro Hero 3 Black cameras, I'll be glad to share!

In short, I used several of the cameras to capture the assembly and hanging of 6 WWII era aircraft at a new pavilion at our museum.

Thanks for watching, and come see me at The National WWII Museum in New Orleans, LA if you get a chance.

Cheers!

John
John Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: WWII Aircraft Assembly & Rigging Time Lapse (GoPro Hero 3 Black)

Brilliant John, very clever. North American, Boeing and Grumman couldn't have done it better :)

Is that a real Mustang? Reason I ask is, at Chino in SoCal they make and offer replicas to museums.

Cheers.
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

Awesome! Thanks a ton for sharing this with us, John -- I just saw a news piece this morning on the NBC Today Show about the opening of the Boeing Center / Freedom Pavilion, so this is amazingly timely. I've been to your museum twice, once before Katrina and once after, and I really can't wait to come back and see it again now that these new displays are up. Very much appreciate your showing this here -- thanks again!

Official link: The National WWII Museum | New Orleans: EXPANSION: US Freedom Pavilion: The Boeing Center

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #4
Major Player

A really beautiful and thoughtful piece John. Congratulations.

Jack Hubbard
Jack D. Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #5
Tourist

Allan, thanks for the kind words. Yes, good eye--the P-51 is our only replica. All the others are the real deal. You can find more info on all of them at this link: The National WWII Museum | US FREEDOM PAVILION: The Boeing Center: Warbirds

Chris, I have to admit that the new building is quite stunning to say the least. The video shows it in it's dirty and raw form, but now it's all lit up with incredible lighting and the exhibits and interactive screens are first class. You've got to come see it--and I'm seriously not trying to promote it for selfish reasons. I've always been a fan of modern architecture and design and this definitely ranks up there with the best of them. It is simply bad-ass. Thanks for the comments!

Jack, thanks for the kind words! I sat on the choice of music forever, thinking that it didn't work. But when I added the FDR voice, the music fit perfectly. It just needed a bridge from the modern to the old WWII times.
John Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Great video John. Thanks for sharing. I'm a huge aviation fan.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work