Everybody Talks cover at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old February 13th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #1
Trustee

Everybody Talks cover

ust one of a few projects I did with the GH2 and AC90. The Wide shots for both locations were the GH2 and handheld were the AC90. The AC90 were set to 1080 24p with a shutter of 24. Neutral picture setting. The lighting wasn't that great in eighter video and I did some grading that made the blacks stand out more in the footage of them performing at the place that they usually train just on the AC90 while I kept the GH2 as is. For the concert footage, their wasn't any grading done on any camera. I could have made everything more vivid but I decided to not do that.

This all started with me being tasked to shoot a video of them at the concert and we figured the video could use a little more stuff so I decided to also shoot a video of them performing at the place that they train and since that's going to be a bit more work editing, you might as well use one of their professionally recorded songs rather than the live audio from the concert.

I wish the lighting was better and stronger at the place that they train but at least it didn't turn out bad. Their wasn't much time to shoot and I figured that the place has good enough lighting anyway. Turns out that some of the lighting from the room wasn't working but luckily, their were 2 lamps in the room that we also used together with the normal room light. Note to self, next time pick a date in which their is more than enough time to shoot and set up and borrow professional lighting in case I see that professional audio will be used and that I'll spend a good amount of time editing. Still, it was never intended for this particular video to be a big production. The original plan was just to get a few scenes at that place. Amazing how I ended up showing much more footage of them at the place that they train when it was originally a concert video. Speaking of lighting, the concert footage was even worse since only the front singer was lit up. That can sometimes be a very big issue when shooting concert videos. In one concert video I shot, you couldn't even see the drummer's face too well. That's crazy!

Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work