Pheasant hunting at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old April 11th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Pheasant hunting

I recently went to South Dakota and decided to shoot the video camera in stead of my shot gun. I find it fascinating that when you get back to edit how many directions you can go. I don't know if one is right or wrong I just do what looks good to me. Let me know where I go wrong.
Thanks for looking, comments and criticisms welcome
Scott Hepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Pheasant hunting

My goodness that looks dangerous! It might have been the camera angle, but it definitely looked like the shooters were tracking their arcs of fire across each other! And I was amazed how close the action was with the dog scaring birds almost at the shooter's feet. I think some of the birds deliberately used the dog as cover staying too close for a shot to be risked.

But a very nice job with some beautiful tracking shots. I also loved the two wide angle shots with the camera at ground level looking us the shooter walked through the frame. Very sharp, and very clear. It looked like perfect light for you.

Yes a great job.
Old April 18th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #3
Major Player

Nicely shot and put together. The only criticism I have is the sound effects, they don't sound convincing. If you can get a better variety then it won't sound as 'canned'.
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2013, 11:51 AM   #4
Trustee

Scott,

Nice looking video. It is to bad it documents such poor gun safety issues.

I have shot several firearms related videos. I am still alive because I practice safe shooting procedures both with my camera and firearms. At 1:11 it appears you are in front of the firing line and the hunter shoulders the shotgun in your direction. 2:03 is a classic, major reason, hunting accidents occur. NRA safety instructors could use that frame for a "what not to do lesson".

These criticisms are coming from a gun rights advocate. I would not hunt or shoot video with those guys.

When someone points a loaded firearm in the direction of another human being without cause to shoot that individual it is wrong and dangerous. It violates the most basic and simple of all safety rules. "Never point a firearm at anything you do not intend to kill or destroy."

Good luck, I am glad your OK. I can't rave about your video when it displays what I saw.

Steve

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work