My local car club. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old July 14th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #1
New Boot

My local car club.

Hey guys,

Thought I'd pop this up for some of you to give me some feedback on. I know alot of the guys/girls on here are really advanced, so I would definitely appreciate and welcome any feedback you could give to help me improve.

This was all done on a Canon 7D, using a Glidecam HD2000. Lens used was a 18-200mm Canon IS job. Was all shot in 720p @ 60fps, then put into a 29.97fps workflow. Is there any advantages to doing this? I'm kind of unsure what to do there.

All post was done in After Effects. The music is obviously a well known track, and I don't want to do any kind of copyright infringment, but as I am making no cash of it, I believe it comes under the Fair Use guidelines?

As I mentioned, I am fairly new to this (Basically 5 months experience) so I welcome anything you can suggest I change, replace, fix, etc.

Questions I have would be.

1) Is there any advantages/disadvantages in shooting at 60fps and render the video at 29.97? I'm kind of unsure what to do there. I mainly done it when I used Twixtor for the slow motion as I found it came out smoother.
2) The color was all done using Magic Bullet plugins for AE. It kind of looks a bit "orangey" to me, but other people seemed to like it?
3) In terms of lenses, I also have available a 50mm 1.8 and a 40mm 1.8 pancake. Both Canon. Is there a particular lens I should be using for certain scenes?
4) I was using an aperture of around F19 for most of the day as it was so bright, and not being able to focus on the fly. Short of a Follow Focus setup, is there anything else that can assist with this?
5) A couple of the driving scenes have had warp stabilizer applied to them, and you can clearly tell from looking at the top and bottom of the screen. Is there a way to get around this? I normally use the "perspective" stabilizer, and around 50% stable.

Thanks in advance .

Shannon.
Shannon Rice is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work