Raiders of the Proposal : a pre-Wedding Short Movie at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old July 20th, 2013, 02:35 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Raiders of the Proposal : a pre-Wedding Short Movie

One of the most crazy project i had the chance to made. This couple came to me and they wanted something special and extreme , a video to be presented at some point in the wedding party.

its a short movie ( comedy/parody and adventure)

filmed with an FS100 a 24-70 f2.8 L and a 16-35mm f.28 L and a speedbooster.

''Pampos is the unique and adventurous type so he decides that before he proposes to his love he must steal the Ancient Ring of legends from a Secret Cave and now he is fighting againts both time and evil to complete his mission and be at his wedding on time.'' RAIDERS OF THE PROPOSAL''
Anthony Mozora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 03:11 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Raiders of the Proposal : a pre-Wedding Short Movie

Why don't I get couples like this?? :) That must have been fun to do, I had some laughs, the moment I saw him looking at his queen asking for approval I already saw the sparta moment coming, it is one of my favorite movies and that moment is one of the highlights. Think you did well as I know how much work goes into these kind of productions since you need to do a lot of planning in advance, if there is one thing I would comment about is that you have overused the slider a bit but otherwise well done!

Can I ask ho much time you did spend shooting this one and how much time went into the preparation, like making the storyboard etc.?
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 03:48 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Why don't I get couples like this?? :) That must have been fun to do, I had some laughs, the moment I saw him looking at his queen asking for approval I already saw the sparta moment coming, it is one of my favorite movies and that moment is one of the highlights. Think you did well as I know how much work goes into these kind of productions since you need to do a lot of planning in advance, if there is one thing I would comment about is that you have overused the slider a bit but otherwise well done!

Can I ask ho much time you did spend shooting this one and how much time went into the preparation, like making the storyboard etc.?

Hi Noa, thank u for ur time and ur reply!

Well being in the business for 3-4 years now i have to say that couples like this are one in a million and they come at the moment u are not w8ing for them to appear! :)

for sure it was a fun project. it took me 10 meetings with them from the first moment we met since the last shooting. i think we had 6 shooting and exept the interview one that took as 1hr to film it and the cave scene another 40mins all the other scenes were filmed in a fast foward mode. I have good memory when its time for videos like this and i remember what i want to do at the time i want to film it

i think the real time was spent in thinking of this project all the time during the production.

the most difficult part was that the couple and their friends are not real actors and they had loads of moments with bloobers till the final cut and ofcourse the distance between the locations cause they were really far from each other.

I came up with a story 2-3 days after i met them . they gave me the freedom to do what i want with no arguing in any part of the story.

the most hillarious part was the SPARTA SCENE AT the end

where the BEST MAN wanted to taste the KICK in reality so he can appear real in the movie and not fake.

i will upload some outakes asap

ps; u have right about the slider and the bit overuse , especially at the kick scene when he is running to escape the enemy ( his brother in real life ) :P

thank u so much for ur reply Noa!
Old July 20th, 2013, 03:56 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
i think we had 6 shooting
hours or days?
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 04:31 AM   #5
Regular Crew

6 days ( meetings ) for shootings

1. day the interview took us 1hr to film it . it was bride and her sis and they were laughing all the time
2. next day was the running in the field scene . it was a 10 mins shooting
3. another day was the 300 mesage to the queen scene took as 40 mins of shooting
4. then another afternoon to make the motorbike scene with the extra ppl that came to help and the gopros took us anohter 30mins
5. Cave scene took us 45 mins max to film it
6. then it was the back to the future ending scene and that one was the fastest shooting , the 2nd best man came for only 9 mins and he had to go to work and what u see in the end of him talking is actually the only shots i might have! ;D
7. and finally the sparta scene took us a max of 50mins to film it

;D :)
Old July 20th, 2013, 06:43 AM   #6
Inner Circle

thx for the explanation, I have done a scripted save the date last year and the preparation took ages as well but the actual filming was much shorter, I personally don't see this as something I can offer because if I would count my actual time the price would be much too high. I did it just for fun then and if I have 1 project like that every year I"m happy. :)
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work