DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Finally, it's almost sort of kind of maybe nearly there. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/5192-finally-its-almost-sort-kind-maybe-nearly-there.html)

Josh Bass November 28th, 2002 04:48 AM

Finally, it's almost sort of kind of maybe nearly there.

You have been reading my sometimes annoying and often idiotic posts for going on a year now, and I finally have something to show for it. I've been working on a claymation movie for about four months now, and it will finally make its debut tomorrow before my parents and my girlfriend's family. This is not the absolutely final cut, but it's close enough to show people. Paul Sedillo, who also belongs to this forum, said he'd host the movie on his site, so soon I will have that information for you all, unless of course my firewire drive dies, or my camera spontaneously combusts, or Al Gore decides to close down the internet.

John Locke November 28th, 2002 06:00 AM

Looking forward to it Josh...send out an announcement!

Rob Lohman November 28th, 2002 09:17 AM

Don't forget to make backups every now and then Josh! Sounds
very interesting and I'd love to see what you've made! Let us
know how the presentation went!

Josh Bass November 28th, 2002 11:34 AM

Well, you and I both know they'll love it, as they are family and are obligated to. What a racket! I was going to print two mini dv masters, then get some DVDs made. Any other ideas? I guess CDs too, maybe.

Paul Sedillo November 28th, 2002 11:49 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Josh Bass : Well, you and I both know they'll love it, as they are family and are obligated to. What a racket! I was going to print two mini dv masters, then get some DVDs made. Any other ideas? I guess CDs too, maybe. -->>>

You will need to give me the finished product in both Windows and Quicktime format. I suggest that you have several different file sizes for different viewing/downloading options.

Another suggestion is to consider entering it into animated film festivals.

Dylan Couper November 28th, 2002 01:29 PM

Huh.
I just thought you liked to collect video gear.

:)

j/k

Josh Bass November 28th, 2002 11:23 PM

Hah! A good jest sir!

Dylan Couper November 29th, 2002 11:06 AM

Thought you'd like that one. :)

Anyway, I was going to suggest also taking a good screen shot, doing them up with title/credits, and enlarge and print them into a few 16"x20" posters. Once framed, stuff like that always looks good on the wall of your editing room

Josh Bass November 29th, 2002 04:30 PM

Editing room? You mean the front hall of my parents' house?

Josh Bass December 9th, 2002 04:50 PM

Alright gentlemen and ladies. . .I will be at Paul Sedillo's studio on Wednesday putting it on DVD, and he'll put it online shortly thereafter. Pressure's on, Paul.

Paul Sedillo December 9th, 2002 09:27 PM

Dude, you just bring that short on over. We will have it up online before you know it.

Rob Lohman December 10th, 2002 09:00 AM

Can't wait! I'm already cheering here....

Mark Austin December 10th, 2002 09:40 AM

At last, the film debut

I thought he only posted on the forums here, I did't think he had time to actually SHOOT or EDIT anything! :)
Can't wait to see it...
Mark