DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   New commercial (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/520115-new-commercial.html)

Arbel Rom November 18th, 2013 07:54 AM

New commercial

Here is a new commercial I shot with Sony FS-700, GoPro 3 and Sony EX-3
Edited with Avid Media Composer 7
Grading with Magic Bullet Looks

Enjoy!

David Barnett November 18th, 2013 11:32 AM

Re: New commercial

Hmmmm, a great portfolio piece, for you. Not sure it's a commercial, as I tend to think of that as used for puchased airtime, typical :30 or :60 in the US at least. So more of a promotional video. To be brutally honest, not sure it's effective at all. At the end I had to google "Tama", and it came up with drums. I rewatched the last 5 second end tag, and while the graphics are a bit hard to read, I think it says something like "Total Farm Solution"?! So I then googled Tama Farm Solutions & found they had a facebook page, a bit of work tbh. I suppose it could just be a branding style of advertising, a hip new-age farming company (similar to the buill in the china shop ad for the Investment firm years ago), but it should motivate viewers to do something. Place a Facebook "F" logo on it with "Like us on" written, and give the company website address. Leave the graphics slate up longer too, the "Total Farm Solution" is only up for 3 seconds in a 2 minute long video.

Great BMX footage & coloring.

Noa Put November 18th, 2013 02:47 PM

Footage, coloring and editing are all great but like David I also don't get what it's about, it starts with the title of the video: "Tama bike commercial", if it is intended as a commercial to promote a certain product I think it has failed, if it is intended as portfolio to showcase your shooting and editing it's perfect.

Arbel Rom November 18th, 2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Barnett (Post 1821223)
Hmmmm, a great portfolio piece, for you. Not sure it's a commercial, as I tend to think of that as used for puchased airtime, typical :30 or :60 in the US at least. So more of a promotional video. To be brutally honest, not sure it's effective at all. At the end I had to google "Tama", and it came up with drums. I rewatched the last 5 second end tag, and while the graphics are a bit hard to read, I think it says something like "Total Farm Solution"?! So I then googled Tama Farm Solutions & found they had a facebook page, a bit of work tbh. I suppose it could just be a branding style of advertising, a hip new-age farming company (similar to the buill in the china shop ad for the Investment firm years ago), but it should motivate viewers to do something. Place a Facebook "F" logo on it with "Like us on" written, and give the company website address. Leave the graphics slate up longer too, the "Total Farm Solution" is only up for 3 seconds in a 2 minute long video.

Great BMX footage & coloring.

Thanks for the feedback David!
Well, regarding the message - this is not a commercial for the general public
who knows nothing about Tama, but rather a video for screening at agricultural exhibitions.
I'ts meant to bring a different attitude compared with the old fashioned "We have big tractors" kind of videos, and to attract some attention and generate buzz.
Obviously people who haven't heard about the brand find the message unclear.

Noa Put November 18th, 2013 05:15 PM

That makes more sense if it's targetted for a specific group, you should have mentioned that :) But I still don't see the relation with 2 guys doing tricks in a field on their bikes. But beside that, I still think it was very well excecuted.

David Barnett November 18th, 2013 05:26 PM

I still think you need the company website address up for 5 seconds.

Buba Kastorski November 20th, 2013 09:01 AM

it's a bit too long for commercial, but shots are really good and some are just fantastic, could a 30sec killer
spot.

Robert Benda November 20th, 2013 10:31 AM

As a show reel this is top notch. As a commercial it fails on virtually every level. The purpose of any commercial is to generate interest in the product or services. This piece doesn't appear to have anything to do with farming solutions. Even from a 'create buzz/viral' piece it doesn't really work. Even viral campaigns are usually related as in 'guy trashes office, then it's revealed to be a 'oh, you need new computers?' kind of campaign.

IF you worked it up as a 'we help you get your work done better/faster so you have more time to play' THEN the kids go off to have fun, MAYBE, but this comes across as an add for bikes or helmets, not farm gear, because the bikes are featured for 115 of the possible 120 seconds. The people who watch this would be excited for the bikes, not the farm gear.

There is no appeal to your target market as to WHY they should be interested in Tas... Farm Solutions. See, I *just* watched and have no idea what the name is 30 seconds later. It's why you see most ads for farm solutions promising higher yields, lower costs, or to save you time. Those are three major emotional appeals and motivators for why to use a product or service.

And a small nitpick relative to everything else... while I'm willing to believe that there is a large shift in demographics for who farmers are these days, I'm guessing the Venn diagram of farmers and people who like dubstep is pretty small.

Evan Bourcier November 25th, 2013 08:15 PM

Thought it was a BMX ad.