Illness Will Find You at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old March 10th, 2014, 09:45 AM   #1
Tourist

Illness Will Find You

Hello Everyone,

As you can see my name is Kara Brewer. I'm also a young filmmaker who is documenting my own personal story about suffering from an illness. I was diagnosed with an ailing kidney as a baby and then later received a kidney transplant at ten years old. As the years went by, I was living a healthy and normal life due to my father's kidney who had dreams of being a filmmaker. However, recently in 2012, I was diagnosed with a rare benign brain tumor and that's when I picked up the camera and turned it on to myself.

Being a filmmaker, I wanted to capture my story and try to make sense of my never-ending health obstacles. I have been documenting myself going through hell and back. I had underwent through two major risky brain surgeries and realized my story was rare.

While I was in the process of editing my story into a short documentary, I was faced with another major obstacle. My recent labs showed that my body was rejecting my father's kidney and that I would soon need another kidney transplant.

The illness has changed every aspect of my life. Recently, I edited some of this footage for a Health Care Competition. I hope it will be just the beginning of telling this story and raising awareness. For many people, it’s a difficult scenario to envision. I hope to win 1st place and use some of the money to fund my documentary. In my documentary I will chronicle my journey as I try to find another living donor for my second kidney transplant and live a meaningful life.

Please do take a moment and look at my work. By all means, please do vote. Thank you.

Illness Will Find You | Health Justice CT Challenge
Kara Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2014, 05:46 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Illness Will Find You

Welcome to the forum Kara. Thanks for sharing your work. The production was clean and simple. The message was very direct and clear. All the best for the competition.
Old March 11th, 2014, 10:33 AM   #3
Tourist

Re: Illness Will Find You

Thanks, Tim. I appreciate the kind words. I forgot to mention what camera I used to film this, which was a Panasonic Af100 with 14-35 mm F2 lens.
Kara Brewer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work