DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Pastor Reads Tweets (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/523485-pastor-reads-tweets.html)

Brock Burwell May 29th, 2014 11:42 AM

Pastor Reads Tweets

With a little help from you guys, I was able to get that nice white background I was looking for (though it may not be perfect, I'm very happy with it as my first try. Let me know what you think!

Don Bloom May 29th, 2014 01:25 PM

Re: Pastor Reads Tweets

First the tweets show the stupidity of the human race and I liked the way they read them....trying to keep a straight face. I sound a bit harsh perhaps but I've heard tweets that are even worse and just make me shake my head in wonderment.

Second, the background looks great. I don't know what else you could do to it but to my old eyes, it looked really good.

If I were you, I'd leave it.

Brock Burwell May 29th, 2014 01:37 PM

Thanks Don! Glad everything came off as funny. Some of the youth in our church (and in the world in general) are crazy and say the craziest things that don't really even make sense to me (and I'm only 27). Thought it would be funny to see an older generation (especially a Pastor) reading them. Glad you thought it was good. Thanks

Shaun Roemich May 29th, 2014 02:46 PM

Not bad for a first try!

What I would mention is that the timing of the in/out points on the various clips could stand some work going forward. That would add more polish. But the idea is a fun one and the audio is solid so you're on the right track.

Shaun Roemich May 29th, 2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Bloom (Post 1847076)
First the tweets show the stupidity of the human race and I liked the way they read them....trying to keep a straight face. I sound a bit harsh perhaps but I've heard tweets that are even worse and just make me shake my head in wonderment.

Pardon the obvious "pun" but Amen to that! (From someone who doesn't QUITE have your years of experience but is starting to consider getting a porch merely so he can sit on it and yell at kids to get off of his lawn!)

Don Bloom May 29th, 2014 05:36 PM

Ha,
I just sit in my living room, windows open or closed, doesn't matter, and yell. Not that anyone is out there but it's fun to make my wife think there is. When my g-kids come over (like this weekend) they think I'm a silly old man. I argue that I'm not but I think I am.

I've read some tweets that people have reposted on FB that I've almost split my sides laughing so hard at the stupidity of people. What ever happened to common sense?

Anyway to keep this related to what Brook did, I agree, cut it a little tighter and you'll have some great you tube channel material.

O|O
\---/