Property Video-helicopter, horses, rock guitar, all kinds of stuff at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old July 23rd, 2014, 06:17 PM   #1
Major Player

Property Video-helicopter, horses, rock guitar, all kinds of stuff

Put all my cameras to work on this one (F5, D800, GH3, AX100, GoPro3+). Used a lot of what I've been learning here including an attempt at hyperlapsing although it needs more practice. After I crashed the drone with the gopro it appeared to have sharper focus... probably not a recommended fix but in this case it helped. Comments always welcome.

Link: 2400 Heritage Manor Drive Official Site
Duane Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2014, 04:27 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Property Video-helicopter, horses, rock guitar, all kinds of stuff

Fantastic work as always, Duane. I can never get over how incredibly sharp and good looking your footage is.

One quick note: at around the 5:10 mark, there's noticeable jello in the aerial footage. A $30 ND filter (link below) will solve that problem. I've used that filter with the H3-3D gimbal on the Phantom, and it doesn't cause any issues.

"Frame" Neutral Density Glass Filter-GoPro Hero3 - GoPro - Polar Pro Filters
Jody Arnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 01:24 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Jody. I had an ND filter for my first gopro/phantom 2 but they've all relocated to somewhere in the forest. I think the clip you're referring to may actually be prop flicker while shooting towards the sun. I recall seeing a homemade "visor" to cure that on youtube but I haven't made one yet.
Duane Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 02:51 PM   #4
Major Player

Yep, I have encountered the exact same "flicker" myself. I guess I just referred to it as jello for lack of a better word. Anyway, the ND filter will get rid of it. I guess the slower shutter speed just blurs it out.
Jody Arnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 03:46 PM   #5
Trustee

Gorgeous footage. Was any sharpness applied in post ? you seem to have matched all the cameras really well.
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2014, 02:42 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Manford View Post
Gorgeous footage. Was any sharpness applied in post ? you seem to have matched all the cameras really well.
I added sharpness to the 1080p clips such as the aerial and slo motion. The clips that have the most detail weren't sharpened but were either 4k video (AX100 which adds sharpness in the camera), or 8k raw stills for time-lapse which were rendered to 4k AVI masters and had so much detail they didn't need more.
Duane Adam is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work