DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Property Video-helicopter, horses, rock guitar, all kinds of stuff (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/524246-property-video-helicopter-horses-rock-guitar-all-kinds-stuff.html)

Duane Adam July 23rd, 2014 06:17 PM

Property Video-helicopter, horses, rock guitar, all kinds of stuff

Put all my cameras to work on this one (F5, D800, GH3, AX100, GoPro3+). Used a lot of what I've been learning here including an attempt at hyperlapsing although it needs more practice. After I crashed the drone with the gopro it appeared to have sharper focus... probably not a recommended fix but in this case it helped. Comments always welcome.

Link: 2400 Heritage Manor Drive Official Site

Jody Arnott July 24th, 2014 04:27 AM

Re: Property Video-helicopter, horses, rock guitar, all kinds of stuff

Fantastic work as always, Duane. I can never get over how incredibly sharp and good looking your footage is.

One quick note: at around the 5:10 mark, there's noticeable jello in the aerial footage. A $30 ND filter (link below) will solve that problem. I've used that filter with the H3-3D gimbal on the Phantom, and it doesn't cause any issues.

"Frame" Neutral Density Glass Filter-GoPro Hero3 - GoPro - Polar Pro Filters

Duane Adam July 28th, 2014 01:24 PM

Thanks Jody. I had an ND filter for my first gopro/phantom 2 but they've all relocated to somewhere in the forest. I think the clip you're referring to may actually be prop flicker while shooting towards the sun. I recall seeing a homemade "visor" to cure that on youtube but I haven't made one yet.

Jody Arnott July 28th, 2014 02:51 PM

Yep, I have encountered the exact same "flicker" myself. I guess I just referred to it as jello for lack of a better word. Anyway, the ND filter will get rid of it. I guess the slower shutter speed just blurs it out.

James Manford July 28th, 2014 03:46 PM

Gorgeous footage. Was any sharpness applied in post ? you seem to have matched all the cameras really well.

Duane Adam July 29th, 2014 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Manford (Post 1856543)
Gorgeous footage. Was any sharpness applied in post ? you seem to have matched all the cameras really well.

I added sharpness to the 1080p clips such as the aerial and slo motion. The clips that have the most detail weren't sharpened but were either 4k video (AX100 which adds sharpness in the camera), or 8k raw stills for time-lapse which were rendered to 4k AVI masters and had so much detail they didn't need more.