Lunar eclipse... failure at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old April 6th, 2015, 03:43 PM   #1
Trustee

Lunar eclipse... failure

But we learn from our failures, right?

I tried to do a photo time lapse but spaced them out too far, and the resulting video was unpleasant to watch. I had done 10 seconds between shots. The video only uses the video I took (each is about 30 seconds long, if you're not patient).

Once the sun came up, there was fog and it looked very cool. I still am not sure how to do a better job capturing that fact. I used a shot of a row of trees with a wisp/strip of fog in front of it, and just feel it looks too flat compared to how impressive it was that morning.

Robert Benda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2015, 04:19 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Lunar eclipse... failure

You shot a series of 30 sec scenes rather than time lapse, correct? Time lapse would have been nice - weird seems like you kind of expect it any more. I really liked those scenes you filmed around 2:00. Very cool.
Jim Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2015, 04:26 PM   #3
Trustee

Re: Lunar eclipse... failure

I had two cameras. One was doing a photo time lapse using Magic Lantern's intervalometer, but at 10 second intervals, when I made it a video it.... didn't look good. The moon moved too much during those 10 seconds.

Rereading my post, I see how very confusing I made it. So...

This only uses video footage I shot on camera #2 (70D), rather than any time lapse (5d Mark ii).

Thank you.
Robert Benda is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work