DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   I have an interesting job (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/527720-i-have-interesting-job.html)

Paul Anderegg April 9th, 2015 10:05 AM

I have an interesting job

Why is there "liquid" trickling onto the number 3 lane of the freeway next to the open door?

Why is she pulling up, and zipping up?

So many questions. :-)

Shot on my little Sony X70. :)

Jeff Pulera April 9th, 2015 10:27 AM

Re: I have an interesting job

Many questions...why with all the bystanders was she allowed to wander back over to her car again when she's obviously incapacitated?

Neat footage, thanks for sharing

Chuck Spaulding April 9th, 2015 05:02 PM

This is Darwinism on so many levels?

Curios why is the car there in the first place? Out of gas?

I get how dangerous pushing the car out of the way is, but since they were foolishly standing in traffic trying to warn people why didn't they just move the car?

Did anyone call the police?

Wow.. Just wow?

John Nantz April 9th, 2015 07:42 PM

You really left me hanging ...

Watched the whole video and the suspense kept building, and building, ...

How did it end? Or do I not want to know?

As for the zipper, maybe because her bladder was full but she emptied it somewhere. Or maybe she had a "drive-in" customer?

This has all the elements of a good short story/video but unfortunately, .... there's ... no .... ending ... !

so, WHAT HAPPENED???

Paul Anderegg April 9th, 2015 08:00 PM

She did not pass go, and went straight to jail. A week ago I shot a very similar story that went viral.

Recipe for disaster: Woman stumbles across I-15 - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego

Tim Paynter April 9th, 2015 11:21 PM

Paul,

You get the most amazing footage! This one could have been fatal. Hard to believe and she is so calm.

Noa Put April 10th, 2015 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Nantz (Post 1882813)

As for the zipper, maybe because her bladder was full but she emptied it somewhere. Or maybe she had a "drive-in" customer?

W.t.f. that's not booze on the ground next to her car, she sat down to take a piss, that's why she was closing her pants when she stood up. Lol.

Noa Put April 10th, 2015 12:55 PM

Paul, I reckon you get to see more of these disturbing moments as news shooter, are you allowed to intervene? Like in this situation, I see you did put yourself into danger as well by walking onto the freeway trying to warn the woman, would you at some point try to tackle such a person and put them on the ground and keep them there until the police arrives to prevent further harm or would you continue shooting the event, even it would mean that the person you are shooting would get killed in the process? I can imagine this could have had a very bad ending if a truck would have hit her, what do you do in such a case, when you witness a severe car accident happening in front of you, do you continue shooting or lay down your camera to give help?

James Manford April 10th, 2015 01:41 PM

Amazing footage!

Hope the judge throws the book at her ...

Sick and tired of drunk and disorderly people driving vehicles. I lost a friend to a drink driver.

No sympathy for her if she got hit.

Andrew Smith April 12th, 2015 08:12 AM

In Australia (when I was doing radio in the 1990s) we have the "only in America" category for those types of story. Land of the brave, home of the weird.

Andrew

Vince Pachiano April 13th, 2015 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Smith (Post 1883088)
In Australia (when I was doing radio in the 1990s) we have the "only in America" category for those types of story. Land of the brave, home of the weird.
Andrew

And here in the USA, we counter all that head-shaking with one word: Vegemite

;-)