Music Video shot on C300 and Dji Ronin at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old May 2nd, 2015, 10:57 AM   #1
Trustee

Music Video shot on C300 and Dji Ronin

Just released a new music video for the song Mess of Me by Damon Castillo.

Damon Castillo's song Mess of Me is about a love gone very, very bad. To tell the story we married the tragic, expressionist black and white photography of Coppola's Rumblefish with a prototypical urban pop video style (see Beyonce's Diva), and threw in a little of Gordon Park's 1971 movie "Shaft" for, umm...color. This project was shot on Canon's C300 with a crew of 1 1/2. I set up a custom black and white preset, so most of the grade is in camera. Locations were empty buildings in San Luis Obispo and Downtown LA's theatre district.

Exteriors shot with a DJI Ronin. Cast includes Damon Castillo, Saxophonist Larry Kim, Dana Lossing, and Bridget & Nellie Salisbury. Video is available on Damon Castillo's Youtube channel.

I've also placed it on vimeo, which seems to be doing a little better with the fine detail.

Last edited by Barry Goyette; May 2nd, 2015 at 11:33 AM. Reason: grammer
Barry Goyette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2015, 09:26 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Music Video shot on C300 and Dji Ronin

Excellent work, Barry!
Gary Huff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work