DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Check out my footage (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/53015-check-out-my-footage.html)

Nathaniel McInnes October 19th, 2005 10:06 AM

Check out my footage

Hey people im only 14 years old and im lucky enough to own a gl2/XM2 Can you check out my latest film. Can you give me constructive feed back

http://logikstudios.250free.com/film...owavetrail.htm

Julian Kehaya October 28th, 2005 03:14 PM

Well, i think you've done a great job. I was laughing a lot.

Here are a few things you could improve on. The sound was a bit low at some points and too high at others. I found the music to be really loud compared to some of the vocals. For example the scene where everyone is in the woods talking in a circle it was hard to hear them. That said i think the high volume on Mr Defning was brilliant. You can probably adjust the audio in your editing program. If this is not an option you can talk more with your actors about having them speak louder, uhhmmm this is a hard thing to explane since you do not want it to seem as if they are doing it on purpose, unless that is an effect you are looking for. If that is not an option you can even adjust the audio recording using the camera's manual audio setting but then if you turn it up and someone yells it is bound to be very loud so keep that in mind.

The night shots were a bit lacking in light. Since the actors are actually talking to the camera it is not inappropriate to have a light source on the camera to illuminate them and the things you are looking at. If they are acting as though the camera is not there you will need to try and rig lighting so there is enough to see the people and their faces but not so much that it looks fake. The color seemed really red in the night scenes.

Anyway these are just a few things and i hope it helps you. Keep at it! I hope to see some more episodes.

Eniola Akintoye November 1st, 2005 05:51 PM

I think you did fabulous.
I mean you are 14 and doing some grown folks thing kid.

Just keep reading every producting thread on the message board and by the time you are 16, you will be amazed with what you have accomplished.

I wish I was doing this thing you doing when I was your age ...

Keep trying and trying and trying, and trust me, you can be the best this way

Paolo Macachor November 2nd, 2005 06:06 AM

"What can I shoot? What can I shoot?" I cracked up at this part...

Good work, although there's a lot of the zoom transition styling in the beginning (not-so inappropriate cos it's for TV and "TV" is usually associated with those kinds of styling) but I could have used a little less of those though.

I wished I was filming as early as your age though, so keep at it kid!

Nice incorporation of the classic Mission: Impossible theme and somehow "Chariots of Fire" by Vangelis in one other scene Hahaha!

Good work, although there's a lot of the zoom transition styling in the beginning (not-so inappropriate cos it's for TV and "TV" is usually associated with those kinds of styling) but I could have used a little less of those though.

Nice incorporation of the classic Mission: Impossible theme and somehow "Chariots of Fire" by Vangelis in one other scene Hahaha!

Paolo Macachor November 2nd, 2005 06:07 AM

Nathaniel McInnes November 3rd, 2005 02:40 PM

Thanks for the feedback. my friends and i made it in august and we were really board and we came up with this stupid film. But now we have written a new script and we are having funds to a remake something like it but much more sensible. its a bit like littile britain. Feel free to contact me at nathaniel.logikstudios@ntlworld.com
or goto
www.logikstudios.tk