DAY:11 Short Film - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old October 26th, 2005, 12:43 PM   #16
New Boot

Enjoyed watching it. The sound was almost too good and too clear. Also I think he said he was "100 clicks" from the pick up zone - that's 100 km (~60miles). I know you had time constraints, I believe having written dialogues would help, even if it's just for the purpose of actors looking at it and improvising later. Everything else was already said. Very nice work.

Alex
Alexey Malyshev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 01:47 AM   #17
Regular Crew

I liked it a lot as well.

The music and action gave it a very video gamish feel. I don't know if that was what you were after, but in that context I was ok with the guy in the small tent because the whole thing seemed a little artificial (one American soldier against a platoon of Iraqis). It added to the atmosphere of the film.

I agree though 100 clicks is a mighty long distance to trek to a landing zone.

Best Regards,

Geoff
Geoffrey Engelbrecht is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work