DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Autoblog Details (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/530963-autoblog-details.html)

Ryan Douthit January 23rd, 2016 06:11 PM

Autoblog Details

This is a new series I put together for Autoblog, along with world-famous car detailer (yes, that's a thing) Larry Kosilla.

It was a low-budget shoot, that also was on an extremely tight deadline. We had 6 days to shoot all the bits with Larry... in Connecticut (I'm based near Seattle) for what would be a 35-part series. Final edits for the full series were due just a few weeks later.

The whole shoot was done with a Sony FS700 to a Convergent Designs Odyssey 7Q+. We recorded in REC709 HD ProRes from the 4k RAW SDI. Since we were shooting in a working car performance shop, light and sound were constant challenges. Also, there were some outdoor bits that had to be filmed in low, harsh sunlight. Because I was traveling across the county, and budget was limited the only light I brought was a Genaray SpectroLED Studio 500. (I should have brought two.) Primary lenses were Nikon 105mm f/2.8 macro and 17-55 DX f/2.8 on a Novoflex adaptor. I also used my Nikon D810 for some b-roll.

Anyhow, it was a fun series to do, in spite of the break-neck schedule. I recently added an FS7 to the shop, but we'll keep the FS700+CD7Q+ around. It's a great work-horse setup.

Here's all 35 episodes.
Autoblog Details

Chuck Spaulding January 24th, 2016 01:05 AM

Re: Autoblog Details

I thought you were using the Sony A7S?

Ryan Douthit January 24th, 2016 10:47 AM

I own lots of cameras. For this particular shoot the A7S would have been more of a hassle.

Andrew Smith January 24th, 2016 12:32 PM

I think I've seen YouTube videos of this guy cleaning car seat material and going through the various options. He's good value.

Andrew

Mark Koha January 29th, 2016 03:45 PM

I've watched tons of that guy's stuff through the /Drive channel. It's good to see he's stepping up his production value.

Ryan Douthit January 30th, 2016 12:27 AM

Thanks! I also produced his "Freedom One" (detailing Air Force Two at the PIMA museum) and "Winter Prep" (BMW Chicago) episodes from last year on /DRIVE.

Andrew Smith January 30th, 2016 01:07 PM

Are they available online and do you have links to them?

Andrew

Mark Koha February 2nd, 2016 08:02 AM

You need to talk them in to going back to New Zealand and taking you with them.

Ryan Douthit February 10th, 2016 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Smith (Post 1907986)
Are they available online and do you have links to them?

Andrew

Larry just re-posted the Freedom One episode to his AMMO NYC Channel:

This was mostly shot with an A7S and Tamron 24-70 f/2.8.