Ghost Town Showdown - A Western Short Film at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old February 12th, 2016, 08:08 PM   #1
Major Player

Ghost Town Showdown - A Western Short Film

Hey folks!

After countless hours spent in pre production, 2 long filming days, and weeks in the edit bay.

We finally completed "Ghost Town Showdown"

The idea for this short was originally conceived more than a year ago, and went through numerous script revisions, and delays.

The primary difficulty as I'm sure everyone knows, is that when all the cast, and crew are working for free scheduling can be a nightmare.

To compound that issue, the location was only available during the week, and not on the weekends, so everyone had to take 2 days off of work to get the filming completed.

Costumes, and props were not really a difficult aspect of making this, but it does take time to find items with the right look.

We ended up shooting in December, and in Texas the hours of usable light are fairly short in the winter.

We had till roughly 4pm each day before the light was unusable.

High winds did play a little bit of havoc with our diffusion cloth mounted on two c-stands, but we had enough sandbags to make sure it didn't fly loose.

I'm uploading photos of BTS right now, and will update this post with them.

Feel free to ask me questions about anything related to the video, and please don't hesitate to comment with your thoughts :)
Tom Bostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2016, 07:42 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Ghost Town Showdown - A Western Short Film

I was unable to edit the original post for some reason.

The attach photos is also failing so I have linked to dropbox:

BTS Photos
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/u4r08dz6v...eOSvuTDwOC8pda
Tom Bostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2016, 06:27 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Ghost Town Showdown - A Western Short Film

Well, I liked it. I found myself smiling at the end. I'm no film maker, just an amateur, the only thing I found a bit odd, in this day of HD everything, is the absolute clarity. Perhaps a little background blur might have been better and less dark makeup on the bad guy. Otherwise good on you for having a go!
Mervyn Jack is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work