First video with the FS5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old April 1st, 2016, 01:50 PM   #1
Regular Crew

First video with the FS5

This is my first paid video with the new camera. It is also the first time showing it here, I just found this part of the fourm, thanks. I like the camera a lot but it takes a bit getting use to it. Any critique is welcome.

Thanks for viewing

Scott Hepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2016, 10:48 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: First video with the FS5

Nice one Scott. Story well told. If you don't mind me asking what PP and lens did you use?

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2016, 04:14 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: First video with the FS5

Chris,
Thanks for viewing it. The lens is Canon 24-105 with the speedbooster, and the PP is cine4 and pro with several minor tweaks. This probably isn't the place but in my experience I couldn't find any of Sony's PP out of the box that were acceptable. The first few test I did were outside and any blue sky that went to overexposure a strange cyan color band emerged and it was terrible. This is my first Sony camera, I am used to Canon C and XF cameras and the color science is definitely different. I really like the camera now and I have a couple of profiles close to being dialed in for me, but it hasn't been easy. Sorry I went on a soapbox.
Scott
Scott Hepler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work