Consulting the Godfather - A 4K Comedy Short at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old April 29th, 2016, 07:03 PM   #1
Major Player

Consulting the Godfather - A 4K Comedy Short

Hey guys, I'm back with another comedy short!

This video was really fun to film, as we had a lot of good acting talent.

I'll break it down from the opening shot:

We blocked all the light coming through the window in the room with black tarps, and painters tape, it was a very nice home, so we used painters tape, even though duct tape would have made blocking out the window alot easier.

We filmed the aerial shot several months before during magic hour, but we decided it would be nice if it was a bit darker to match the indicated time inside, so we did day for night on the opening shot.

We arrived around 12:30pm just after lunch time and started blocking out the windows, and getting everything set up inside.

The gentleman who let us film in his home was very generous, and was a great sport even though we didn't leave until about 11:20pm that night

We finished setting up around 3pm, and our makeup artist began transforming the godfather.

Equipment used:
Sony PMW F5 with rokinon Xeen Primes
Dana Dolly
Libec LX 10 Tripod
Rode NTG3
Litepanels Astra Bi Color
Several C Stands
Nyrius Aeries pro wireless transmitter
Arri 300w light

Shooting was planned out well in advance as two of our actors could not be there until after 6pm.

So we began shooting with the godfather, and bruno, filming most of their shots that didn't include interaction with our other two actors.

To help the actor playing the godfather maintain the correct eye line, we positioned a monitor in luigi's chair until he could arrive to shoot his scenes

We shot with a mix of sticks, and dana dolly.

Once our other actors arrived, we flipped around, and shot the opposite way, this also worked out well as we didn't have enough material to block out the windows in the hall, and by the time we flipped angles, the sun had gone down enough to not be a problem

Afterwards the actors insisted on going to applebees... in character

Link to BTS photos: (I try and put them in the thread each time, but dvinfo doesn't play well with attachments for me)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pbpuivr56...fA3o68ewa?dl=0

Once again a very fun shoot, that i think turned out pretty well.
Feedback or questions please don't hesitate to let me know :)
Tom Bostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2016, 05:57 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Consulting the Godfather - A 4K Comedy Short

Well done Tom. I just wish I knew what he was saying too.
Old July 6th, 2016, 08:47 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Consulting the Godfather - A 4K Comedy Short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Lewis View Post
Well done Tom. I just wish I knew what he was saying too.
Thanks so much Tim!

We contemplated the idea of adding an alternate version where you could turn on subtitles, but ultimately decided it would be better for the audience to choose what they thought he was saying.
Tom Bostick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work