Olympic NP (Sony FS 7) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old October 13th, 2016, 06:10 PM   #1
Major Player

Olympic NP (Sony FS 7)

Rudy Wilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 08:36 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Olympic NP (Sony FS 7)

Another great video.

How much equipment did you pack in for this shoot? How long did it take? Does anyone ever give you any grief while your working? It looks pretty remote, but I could imagine the occasional park ranger asking if you have a permit and the local environmentalist making sure you not stepping on some rare moose crap etc..

All the shots were great. I wouldn't change any of the shots but I might change the order just a bit. As you progress from early morning to reveal this incredible location, you have quite a few shots of the deer, mountains and the pasture in the mist. It appears your including shots with less mist as it burns off but then you intercut a few shots that appear to be much later in the day. For me it didn't effect the pacing but it did disrupt the flow.

Just curious if you thought of that?
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2016, 08:59 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Olympic NP (Sony FS 7)

Thank you Chuck we packed light just camera and lenses tripod all Carry on luggage we stayed for two weeks one week in Forks Wa near beaches and rainforest and one week in Port Angeles near the mountains and strait of Juan. We had one ranger stop us asking if it was business or pleasure and first time ever had police stop us with same question but didn't have any problems since this was not for business if you do go for business you can get permit for $100. But I do have a feeling they don't see a lot of people with better gear and they weren't to friendly so it is a shame also some of the backpackers had to open their pack didn't really got big welcome feeling.

I agree in a way about the order but since this movie was just showing the highlights of the three Eco systems I decided to keep them separately and will be able to follow the flow better on the videos that will follow. I appreciate your feedback it is always nice to hear were I can improve on. Thank you for watching
Rudy Wilms is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work