"The Letter" - Band Demo at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old June 5th, 2019, 05:11 PM   #1
Regular Crew

"The Letter" - Band Demo

Studio live performance band demo. Four Sony Handycams, one Hero2, one Kodak Zi8, one Canon 5D. Can you tell which angle is which camera?

There are some framing imperfections etc., but the overall result made the band happy so I can live with it.

Patrick Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2019, 06:31 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: "The Letter" - Band Demo

What happened here? Did it come out of camera like that or did something happen in post?
Attached Images

Cary Knoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2019, 06:35 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Knoop View Post
What happened here? Did it come out of camera like that or did something happen in post?
Good question, I'll take a look into that. It wouldn't surprise me if it clipped in the camera as that one had few adjustment options.

[Edit] It seems to be a case of camera limitations exacerbated by some color corrections.

Last edited by Patrick Tracy; June 5th, 2019 at 07:19 PM.
Patrick Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2019, 07:57 PM   #4
Major Player

Sometimes a camera records super whites that can be brought down in post, is is possible to dropbox the original out of camera clip?
Cary Knoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2019, 09:02 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Knoop View Post
Sometimes a camera records super whites that can be brought down in post, is is possible to dropbox the original out of camera clip?
On the next one (there are three songs in this project) I'll see if I can prevent that from happening. It's technically not clipped white since the unprocessed image still has color information in those areas. I think it's just clipped, or nearly clipped, in one color channel of the original image. The color correction I did clipped it further.

I'm going to try some pre/post processing around the hue correction.
Patrick Tracy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work