DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   "The Ninjews", my short, is finally done. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/5423-ninjews-my-short-finally-done.html)

Josh Bass December 12th, 2002 01:51 AM

What a way to misspell! I thought you were just being cute.

John Locke December 12th, 2002 02:03 AM

Josh,

These guys are on to something...why not try to get it on SNL? The e-mail address is SaturdayNightLive@nbc.com. Just give them the link to it and ask them if they'd be interested.

Then, after you're famous, you could come back from time to time to the forums and say hello to me and the other genitals.

Rick Spilman December 12th, 2002 08:05 AM

"I miss spelled gentile"

I kind of prefer genital myself.

Wonderful clip. Very funny. Well executed.

How long did typical second take to shoot? Did you adjust the clay every frame, every third frame? Fascinating stuff.

Rick

Rob Lohman December 12th, 2002 08:35 AM

Very good work! Was fun to watch, brilliant! and thanks for showing
it here...

Dan Holly December 12th, 2002 02:11 PM

Excellent job Josh!

I'll show this to my kids tonight and report back on their take on your short.

All I'll say here is, that you and I could have hung out as kids <;~)

This makes me wonder why I never filmed our army men shooting range in our closet (with a brick of BB's, a couple of Daisy air rifles, and my malicious brothers =).

Dan Holly December 12th, 2002 02:14 PM

Excellent Josh!

I'll show this to my kids tonight and report back on their take on your short.

All I'll say here is, that you and I could have hung out as kids <;~)

This makes me wonder why I never filmed our army men shooting range in our closet (with a brick of BB's, a couple of Daisy air rifles, and my malicious brothers).

Bryan Beasleigh December 12th, 2002 02:57 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Josh Bass : What a way to misspell! I thought you were just being cute. -->>>
I was!
Should have turned the villain into pork rinds, could have sold them at DV Expo

I'm still chuckling.

Josh Bass December 12th, 2002 04:37 PM

See, but the whole point of "Kosher Power" is to "kosherize" that which is not kosher. . .pork rinds would be against that philosophy.

Dan Holly December 12th, 2002 11:12 PM

funny

Josh,
My 11 year old gave it a 4 out of 5 stars.

I almost cried I was laughing so hard when he said "but the white Ninjew doesnt have any pants" !

I love it......hehe

Josh Bass December 12th, 2002 11:23 PM

All part of my subliminal plan. . .

Jay Gladwell December 13th, 2002 12:39 PM

Cool animation, Josh, That was worth the wait! Now tell us how you did it in video.

Josh Bass December 13th, 2002 01:24 PM

Jay, what do you mean? I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Jay Gladwell December 13th, 2002 02:14 PM

I remember you were wrestling with how to do the animation on video since the camera can't shoot a frame at a time. How did you overcome that?

Josh Bass December 13th, 2002 03:24 PM

Ah yes, you are referring to THE SYSTEM. Well, what I did was put the camera in interval mode, and shot the least amount of time available, .5 seconds, for each "frame." I calculated that speeding up the footage shot this way by 750% (7.5x) would give me the equivalent of two frames of video per frame of animation, or 15 fps.

I took the un-sped footage into Vegas Video, and use the playback properties to speed it up 4x, and then an envelope to speed it up an additional 186% (I found that 4 X 1.85something gives you 7.5, but I couldn't get that precise, so I rounded up).

That's pretty much it.

Doug Quance December 13th, 2002 04:01 PM

Great piece of work, Josh!

I was laughing so hard, I missed half of the lines!

I will be watching it again!!!