DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   "The Ninjews", my short, is finally done. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/5423-ninjews-my-short-finally-done.html)

Josh Bass December 11th, 2002 11:19 AM

"The Ninjews", my short, is finally done.

Alright gentlemen and ladies, it's here. Here is the link:

http://www.image-studio.com/movies/theninjews02.htm

Thanks to Paul Sedillo for hosting it on his site.

Dylan Couper December 11th, 2002 12:43 PM

Josh, my fiancee and I both watched this. We started laughing when the animation started, and stopped when the theme music ended.
Awsome! Your hard work paid off.
I hope you submit it to something like Triggerstreet.com.

Two questions...
How many hours did you put into it?
How tall were the figures?

Robert Knecht Schmidt December 11th, 2002 12:55 PM

Congratulations, Josh--

Great concept, great story, great intro, great climax, great ending--

Great camera work (love the depth of field--how'd you do it?), great animation, great sound design, great compositing, great music. Thanks for sharing your work with us. Looking forward to whatever now moves to the top of your slate.

Paul Sedillo December 11th, 2002 02:13 PM

As Dylan mentioned in a prior post, good to see you actually use your equipment! (j/k)

Great stuff Josh! You should be proud of this body of work. I expect it will do well in the animated festivals that you submit it to. Thanks for sharing it with this forum.

Josh Bass December 11th, 2002 02:30 PM

Robert,

Depth of field was more a byproduct than an intention, but it worked to my advantage. These models were mostly in the 5-6 inch range of height, and I had to zoom in almost all the way to frame them the way I wanted, even with the camera about five feet from the set.

John Locke December 11th, 2002 06:23 PM

Josh! What a goyim nakhes! This is really a hoot. You've gotta get this into festivals and onto things like Triggerstreet.com. Let me know when you do and I'll run over and cast a vote for you.

Zac Stein December 11th, 2002 08:10 PM

HAHAH

I am still laughing... very nice and funny, reminded me of a short film a friend shot which was set at the 'shabbat' table where a giant leg of ham falls from the sky in the middle of dinner, and the avenging Rabbi must save the day.

John, i translated what you said (i speak yiddish) and it made me laugh almost as much as the flick.

Mazeltov Josh, I hope you learnt a lot from the exercise and can continue to pump out the good work, because you have a lot more patience than me to do such a huge task.

If possible i would love a higher quality copy, like a s-vcd version so i could show it to my family, i think they will find it very funny.

kermie

doctorxex December 11th, 2002 08:15 PM

That RAWKS.
I am an orthodox Jew and found that short film to be irresistably hilarious.

I will now link this to all my friends.

Bryan Beasleigh December 11th, 2002 08:35 PM

Well done and hilarious. Humour even us genitals can understand!

Aaron Koolen December 11th, 2002 08:42 PM

Bryan, speak for yourself when you call us genitals ;)

Josh, good stuff man. I admire your patience. What sort of clay did you use. I tried with plasticene once and gave up really quickly ;)

Mark Austin December 11th, 2002 09:31 PM

How on earth..

did you create such an engaging work, and find time for anything else (like being in the to ten posters here)? Josh it's an awesome short, I can't stop watching it, like any good piece I get something more with every new viewing. I love the humor about hell, my kind of stuff. You must truly have the patience of a saint, you do believe in saints don't you? :)

I hope you get it submited to some festivals, it deserves to go in front of a larger audience.

Mark

p.s. who started the "genitals" thing?

Josh Bass December 11th, 2002 09:43 PM

Yes, it will be submitted to festivals. I shall try this "Triggerstreet.com" you speak of. The guy who mentioned genitals. . .that was a joke right?

Clay type used was called Van Aken. It's an oil based clay that never dries out or hardens.

Barry Goyette December 11th, 2002 10:31 PM

That was alot of fun....hell with triggerstreet...what about SNL...they haven't had a good laugher like this since Mr. Bill.

Great job, Josh.

Barry

Josh Bass December 11th, 2002 11:07 PM

Do they take unsolicited submissions?

Bryan Beasleigh December 11th, 2002 11:08 PM

I miss spelled gentile, so shoot me ! We need a spell checker I guess.