Show Your Work 2006 - Page 18 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old April 3rd, 2006, 09:12 PM   #256
Regular Crew

¡Otro argentino!

Ey, ¿qué hacés? Qué bueno ver a otro argentino por acá. Hacía rato que daba vueltas por estos lares y es la primera vez que encuentro uno. Copado. Che, te hablo en inglés para que el resto no quede afuera.

So, I really enjoyed these videos. There are some really nice images there. There was good music and some cool takes. Some funny "spy" footage. "Carisma" was kinda funny and creepy at the same time... And, well, Carlitos Balá... I was 2-3-4 years old when I watched it, and I was a fan (I used to know all his songs and sing them all day). I guess I still feel for the guy, even if some things I heard about him weren't the best. It was cool, "Zumbito". Fresh in ways, and I loved the ending. It brought some good memories.
Oh, and I haven't seen the trailer for the documentary, I've been having some trouble downloading the trailer, I don't know why. As soon as I can I tell you what I think.
By the way, did you watch my short film (I'll make it easy for you: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=64253). I'd love to hear what you have to say (shred it to pieces if you like, as long as it's constructive criticism).
Buen trabajo, loco. ¡Posteá más si tenés!
Old April 4th, 2006, 08:19 AM   #257
Regular Crew

Hey! I was hoping a warmer welcome to my first short-film post.

C'mon, I know not many of you downloaded it, but there are gunshots, an explosion and people die! Isn't that enough?

Seriously, I would love some comments. Out of pity? Works for me...

Also, there you can find a 1 minute comedy short film (although I recommend watching "A Film Noir Short Story" first so as to not lose respect for the characters...)
Old April 5th, 2006, 03:33 AM   #258
Major Player

Alright I'm downloading it now. What was it shot on?
Old April 5th, 2006, 08:42 AM   #259
Regular Crew

Thanks for the reply!

Well, I was afraid you'd ask, but I was expecting too. Now, Chris (Hurd), I hope this is OK... It was shot on a JVC on the VHS-C format (if you watched it you'll have realized it by now)... But it had an LCD!

Truth is, although I tried (and I'll get to it later if you want) in between all the problems I had to face to get this done, the camera I was gonna get (3CCD miniDV, I can't remember the model now) was, what a coincidence,
used when I was shooting. So I had to get another camera, and the JVC was as much as I could get.

Yet, I captured the footage, naturally, and edited on Premiere Pro 1.5. The effects were done on Photoshop 7. I think it went pretty well considering things, but unfortunately I didn't do any CC, which would have improved it a lot more, because I just didn't know how to control everything that much (except for some matching in the last scene; you can see how the sun is entering through the window in the first take, and the last one is just dark, grey and grainy... which after I thought would've been cool for the whole short).

I have improved a lot so far, made about 15 shorts already(this is the only one that has a script...) and I have learnt a lot from this site (and recently another one... ^_^).

I know this piece has a lot of mistakes, and I can fix a lot of them, but that's that. It's done, and shows me how much I've improved since I made it.

Anyway, I hope you like it, considering everything. Thanks for watching, at least...
Old April 6th, 2006, 11:04 AM   #260
Major Player

Emre, she didn't make Tarnation, that was made by Johnathon Caouette - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390538/ - which got famous for being the $215 movie that made it to Sundance (i.e. shot with a borrowed camera, edited on a friend's iMac etc) and got distribution subsequently. It is apparently a very good film, got good reviews, awards and was championed by the likes of Gus Van Sant. (Music clearance and blow up costs subsequently brought the cost of the film to about $200,000 I hear, though much the same is true of "El Mariachi")

This BowieChick things is just one of those viral internet things that beomes a fad every so often. Ignore it. I mean, does anyone here remember Mahir? ...Anyone?
Old April 6th, 2006, 10:16 PM   #261
Regular Crew

Well, this is my last try, and I won't bother anymore, at least until I have some other short to post (that time shot on digital, so you don't prejudge it for it being shot on analog format).
I'm sorry, I don't want to sound mad or anything. It's just that I've found this site to be very informative. Hell, you guys have taught me a lot (even if you don't know). I respect you, and I was hoping I would get some feedback on something that I hold very dear for it being my first short, and that was a lot of work. I know it has flaws, have you seen some I haven't, though?
I too know I've improved a lot since that short, and a lot of it has to do to this site (and this is no adulation) but don't take that as a "Ok, that short is b*****it". I wasn't sure about posting it here, since it's "DV" Info, but I know there are a lot of filmmakers around here, and that's not only about the tools, it's about the content. Maybe you always had your PDX10, your XL or your DVX. I just didn't have those privileges. But if you want a taste before getting those 42MB, then check the following link:

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/5...engrabs7dp.jpg

Don't know if these four grabs will do, but with this post maybe someone will at least post to scold me.
Old April 7th, 2006, 07:02 AM   #262
Trustee

Of course I remember Mahir--he made Borat possible!
Old April 8th, 2006, 01:40 AM   #263
New Boot

A new short film that I just finished

This is actually the second official short film I've done since I got my camera (since ever). Here's a link to the page....

http://www.postwhatyouwant.com/article.php?aid=32

It's basically made by some friends and I. Took me about a week to draft a script, a few more weeks to revise and about 5 days of shooting or so. And lots of editing, but not a terrible amount.

Comments, please, both good and bad appreciated. Enjoy! :)
Old April 8th, 2006, 03:14 PM   #264
Regular Crew

Thanks!

If anybody here knows about other visualizations of chat rooms resp. chats, please let me know!
Old April 9th, 2006, 06:15 PM   #265
Trustee

New episode of Rewired & Distortions now up!

victory 5 Network and bionicbuddha.com presents :
New episodes of -

Distortions - Rock Star Riders - what rock star want when they are being demanding.

Rewired - Pop Art Toaster, best thing since sliced bread?

Have a look. We are trying to put out 2 a week - so feedback is welcome.

Thanks
Old April 10th, 2006, 11:24 AM   #266
Regular Crew

Creepy love story

I guess I could call this one a creepy love story between 2 people in an unusual situation. It's something I shot at the end of January, when an actress friend from Germany was in Montreal for a few weeks. It all really started with an image I couldn't get out of my head (it's the shot over which the title appears).

We had planned for a much simpler idea, but the night before the shoot I decided to elaborate on it. I must admit that the plot isn't exactly crystal clear. Think of it as more of a mood piece rather than a conventional story.

It was presented in March at the monthly Kino screening in Montreal. The movie was well received, though it left many scratching their heads. The interesting thing is that there were many conflicting interpretions to the story and character motivations.

http://www.archive.org/details/Tenderness

Shot with a GL2. Much of the light in the movie is coming through windows, supplemented by a 3 x 250W light kit. Actual output of the light kit was much reduced because of the use of CTB gels and umbrella/reflectors. The look I was trying to get was a slightly dark interior where all the light seems to emanate from covered windows and reflections on the walls.

I edited in Premiere Pro and did some After Effects work to soften the talent's skin. The music was composed by the same guy who plays in the movie.
Old April 10th, 2006, 01:41 PM   #267
Major Player

First piece of work from film school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss6u0QyhDaQ

Our character is a successful businessman who lives in a lavish house, drives an expensive car, watches TV on a huge screen and has everything going for him, yet is depressed and lonely enough to cut himself and read medical journals on depression.

Shot on a Panasonic DV-15, converted to SDV and edited on Premiere 1.5.
Old April 10th, 2006, 02:21 PM   #268
Major Player

first film fest entry

Here is a link to my first video entered into a student film festival in Central, Oregon. Its a quick recap/highlight of a high school football season. About 4 1/2 mins long.

http://media.putfile.com/Film-Fest-Football-96
Old April 11th, 2006, 04:12 AM   #269
New Boot

I thought this was fantastic for a first festival film.

I really liked how it was edited.

What program did you use for the compositing?

Best of luck with the film festival :)
Old April 11th, 2006, 08:05 AM   #270
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Outerbridge
What program did you use for the compositing?
Thnks a lot.

For editing I used Premeire Pro and then used After Effects for titles and some video effects.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work