Show Your Work 2006 - Page 34 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old June 27th, 2006, 02:59 PM   #496
Tourist

Screening

A ballpark figure of what it ran you?? Also were they able to play froma DVD source, sorry 4 all the questions
Old June 27th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #497
Wrangler

For the Tuesday night screening, they just want the audience to buy food & drinks. The screening room is a lounge/dining room in the back. The organizers will pre-screen your film before hand, to say yea or nay.

They accept DVDs. Not sure what other connections/formats they can play.
Old June 27th, 2006, 04:38 PM   #498
Major Player

Quote:
when I make something new
I'm glad to hear it. Same thing happend to my first five minute contest. I wrote an 8 minute script. It didn't make any sense and it sounded bad. Trust me when I say you are not alone with the mistakes you made. Just something you've got to get through. The good ones do, the lamers don't. Let me know if you ever need any help.
Old June 27th, 2006, 05:02 PM   #499
Regular Crew

Chess Masters - Short parody music video

One of my latest DV creations. Please share any suggestions/criticism.

http://www.buttlesschaps.com/chess_final.mov

Thanks,

Ernesto.
Old June 27th, 2006, 06:51 PM   #500
Regular Crew

that was easily one of the most painful pieces that i've ever heard/seen, that song just killed me, maybe if the song was better it would'nt over shadow the images.
Old June 27th, 2006, 06:59 PM   #501
Regular Crew

Hahaha, thanks for the response. We made this video in a single day, the beat was made using FruityLoops, which we are not very handy with, as you can see.

I'm glad you liked, or at least didn't hate, the actual video/images. This was a for-fun project in our high school class shot with a $200 DV camera, so I wasn't expecting much out of it.
Old June 27th, 2006, 08:54 PM   #502
Regular Crew

well that's totally the thing, the music just.....well i was pretty clear before ;)

but some of the images were pretty good, keep at it........well video, maybe not writing music! haha
Old June 28th, 2006, 02:06 AM   #503
New Boot

check my work out here...

some of it anyways.

http://web.mac.com/arhartman

tell me what you think.

cheers
austin
Old June 28th, 2006, 06:18 AM   #504
Major Player

Is it my computer or does "Wake the Dead" just kind of end suddenly?

Dialog audio for the exteriors had issues. What mic did you use? The guy playing the boss was awesome. I think anybody who handles a pizza like that deserves to lose their turf. Kung Fu camera operator got my biggest laugh. Nice concept and pretty good story. Very nice job.
Old June 28th, 2006, 06:41 AM   #505
Major Player

I think if you watch some rap videos, when the rapper is spitting his flow, the camera angle is usually below his eye level to give him and what he's saying a more dominating feeling. When we see the chess pieces getting clobbered, that should be board level or below too. The first rapper/chess player scene at one point turns all red. Unless you use it more it really sticks out like a sore thumb. Like it's for some other video. Same thing with the very next scene, he's all fuzzy/fogged over. Both of these shots look like they came from another video or the editor couldn't help but showcase his new found bag of post tricks. Either way it doesn't work very well IMHO. A video should have a 'look' and any deviation from that tears away from it.

Some pretty good shots though I would have taken a different approach. Imagine every time you do a shot of the first rapper, he's moving from left to right. Everytime we see the second (preppy?) rapper, he's moving from right to left. Then when they meet at the chessboard, it makes visual sense that the whole thing has led to his moment, this climax when they come head to head for the first time.

Learn by doing so keep it up.
Old June 28th, 2006, 10:04 AM   #506
New Boot

many thanks for your feedback.
We used a boomed mic for the roof, but there was this big generator up there. And that made this fairly difficult.
And yes, Wake the Dead does end quickly, but that was a bit out of my control. Take that one up with the band
Thanks again.
Austin R. Hartman
Old June 28th, 2006, 10:59 AM   #507
Major Player

I liked Surf For Turf.
Old June 28th, 2006, 12:08 PM   #508
Regular Crew

My new HD Video Blog. San Francisco.

Hey guys I just finished encoding my new blog that I created while at a conference in San Francisco. It has a lot of shots from around the city and my peers. Also is some of the speakers overlapping the visuals.

I’m looking for criticism that I can improve upon. I need really intelligent criticism. Most my friends are not film people and just kiss my ass and say its GREAT! I don’t really need that. Please leave your thoughts. On my site be even better than here. Thanks for watching I think you will enjoy it.

Here is a direct link to High quality
http://www.vilekyle.com/videos/Video...lla%20High.wmv

Here a link for all qualities like HD and low quality.
http://www.vilekyle.com/Vid%20Blogs/...%202/index.htm

Kyle Fasanella

PS if you like this video you may also want to check out lasts years trip at bottom of page.
Old June 29th, 2006, 05:13 AM   #509
Trustee

Looks amazing! Veru film-like! Did you use a polarizer filter directly on the camera? What were the camera settings?
Old June 29th, 2006, 08:02 AM   #510
New Boot

My first music video and post

Salutations everyone. This is my first post on this community, but I have been browsing here for quite sometime. Anyway, I'd like to get some comments on my first music video. It was shot on a no budget with a Sony DCR TRV19 during the weekend of Aprill 22 & 23.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOLV6vNVRm4&search=gnosh

Please tell me what you all think.

And if you like the band: http://www.gnosh.ca
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work