Show Your Work 2006 - Page 36 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old July 1st, 2006, 03:34 PM   #526
Regular Crew

mini 35 commercial

Here's a viral comercial I've just shot on Beta sp with the mini 35.

http://www.funnyplace.org/video.php?id=2897

(Sorry but I've also posted this in the P+S section I only just spotted this section)

I hope you enjoy.
Old July 2nd, 2006, 12:34 AM   #527
Regular Crew

I thought it was well put together and believe it or not most people not in the business actually like the stuff us DVuser's would consider cheesy.... my two pennies
Old July 2nd, 2006, 02:07 AM   #528
Regular Crew

haha, man that was really funny.

It looked nice too...a little soft, I couldn't tell if that was from the compression or not. Great job!
Old July 2nd, 2006, 04:47 AM   #529
Regular Crew

Thyanks Thomas I'm glad you enjoyed is was fun to make. Yea the compression on that sight makes it look really soft.
Old July 2nd, 2006, 12:47 PM   #530
Major Player

looked very filmic.. did you use any filters in post? MB?
Old July 2nd, 2006, 05:57 PM   #531
Major Player

streetbike documentary shot on DVX100a, out now!

Hi guys, i have finally finished my first Motorcycle Stunt documentary, you can view the screenshots and trailer up on the site http://www.asphaltjunkiez.com

Also there will be a screening of the film on july 16th in a theater in the fraser valley area(vancouver, BC) If anyone is intereted in coming out and watching it on the big screen, just msg me and i'll give you more info.
thanks

95% shot on DVX100a in 24p
edited in pro 1.5
after effects 6.5

contains commentary about shooting and editing also

please visit asphaltjunkiez.com to have a look
Old July 2nd, 2006, 10:34 PM   #532
New Boot

Looks pretty good from the trailer man!

Good luck on the big screen!
Old July 2nd, 2006, 10:54 PM   #533
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Boston
All in all, pretty good stuff. Here are my thoughts.

The oval mask in some of the opening shots is a bit too aggressive. Pull it back out and soften the edges a bit more.

The motion overlay of the rings during the vows kind of says 'cheesy effect'. I would take it out. The background motion effects at the ending montage are much nicer and they don't distract the viewer at that point.

The 'old film look' is another mis-placed effect. It doesn't work because by looking at the rest of the video, you can see that 'this shot' takes place at the same day and time. This would have been a good effect if you were doing a history of the couple and had some childhood VHS video to cut into the story but not for a brief shot in current day. Since the couple are kissing in this shot, a slo-mo would help enhance the romantic moment they are sharing.

A couple pan and tilts were not at steady pace but that's just practice and a much more expensive tripod head. That's why good ones will cost you more than what you paid for the camera. They are fluid dampened and have counterbalance springs that will make those camera moves silky smooth.

All in all, a good job and certainly one that can be made better with a few changes. The basic camera work with shot selection, angle, and exposure are there so you have some good material to edit with.

That's just my opinion and others may dis-agree so don't take it as gospel. I only pointed out those things that distracted me as a viewer.

regards,

-gb-

im thinking the same thing. over-used graphics=cheeze! nice use of soft focus/filter, the lighting at the cremony is incredible! i too shoot weddings and lighting is the hardest thing at these events. way to keep the color/exposure right in the hous aroung the windows.
any special techniques?
nice over all!
Old July 3rd, 2006, 12:03 AM   #534
Major Player

looks great on the big screen, i tested it already!! I learned that when shooting interview stuff on tripod, must have Auto Focus OFF, lol!!
Old July 3rd, 2006, 11:00 AM   #535
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigo Hoggins
believe it or not most people not in the business actually like the stuff us DVuser's would consider cheesy....

By "people in the business" I don't know whether you mean "people in the video business" or "clients," but keep in mind the only thing that's important is what the customer wants. It's irrelevant what we, the so-called "experts," prefer.

If you like something and your customers don't, either you are in the wrong biz or the wrong demographic.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 12:07 PM   #536
Regular Crew

Pretty cool. I liked the handheld looking shot the best. I would change the focus to the phone a little sooner though, like right when it rings and hold it til right after she sees who's calling and smiles.

That M2 seems like it does a nice job. Which lens did you use with it?
Achtung! Das camera ist nicht fur der fingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und popencorken mit spitzen sparken. Das camera ist diggen by experten only. Ist nicht fur gerwerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen das cottenpiken hands in das pockets. Relaxen und watchen das blinkenlights.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 12:24 PM   #537
Regular Crew

LOL! Awesome! I had to watch it twice to get all the references. Concept is great Stephen. Music is perfect with it, too. Well done.
Achtung! Das camera ist nicht fur der fingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und popencorken mit spitzen sparken. Das camera ist diggen by experten only. Ist nicht fur gerwerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen das cottenpiken hands in das pockets. Relaxen und watchen das blinkenlights.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 04:20 PM   #538
Major Player

Australian 50/60S RocknRoll Festival

This my first DVD doco,

www.rpbproductions.com/uploads/intro.mov

I thinks is ok but open to coments,

rob,

Also will be looking to seel it to a US auto shops, if any one has any ideas, would be good.

HD101/G5 Mac/4gig Ram/1TB HDD/30" Cinema Display/FCP.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 06:58 PM   #539
Regular Crew

Overall you did a decent job. It looks clean and the style is simple. I would have upped the contrast a bit and maybe put in some colour variation to make the video look more cinematic, but overall you did a good job. I might have made it a bit longer, maybe with some small talk that people want to say that would make it a bit more interesting.

Something technical wise to note, beware of the TV safe zones. I am not %100 sure of this topic, but there is a restricting zone on how far you can put important video footage, such as text on a video. So, the edges of your opening logo might get cropped off and the text 'Wintersum Rock & Roll Festival' might get the edges cropped off as well. Read here for more information about what I am talking about.

http://www.itfc.com/assets/safeareas.pdf

Justin
Old July 4th, 2006, 12:40 AM   #540
Regular Crew

LOL...I thought it was hilarious!!!

The beat was awful....the lyrics were wack...but I thought it was funny and creative in its simplicity.....

**waiting for chessmasters II**
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work