Show Your Work 2006 - Page 38 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old July 12th, 2006, 08:53 AM   #556
Trustee

Does this make it easier for viewing?

We are trying to make things easier for viewers at bionicbuddha.com .
After a few emails about people saying they didn't know how to download, we decided to go with this :

http://www.bionicbuddha.com

I hope this makes it easier for people. Any comments on this?
Old July 12th, 2006, 01:26 PM   #557
New Boot

Nice. I like it a lot. Works perfect.
Old July 12th, 2006, 02:25 PM   #558
New Boot

That was awesome! i guess i dont get some of the refrences, but it was funny! nicely done!
Old July 12th, 2006, 03:15 PM   #559
Regular Crew

Thanks for all your comments guys, much appreciated.
Old July 12th, 2006, 04:44 PM   #560
Trustee

Thanks for the compliment. I have using flash, so it was sort of important to put it to bed for me...
Old July 13th, 2006, 05:21 AM   #561
Showreel Magazine UK

Directors' Notes in Showreel magazine

If you have made a short, movie, music promo or documentary that you would like to featured in the Directors' Notes section of Showreel magazine please send me a online link or a copy on DVD or video to:

Directors' Notes
Showreel Publishing
49 Westbourne Gardens
Hove
East Sussex
BN3 5PN
UK

Please include a SAE if you want them to be returned.

As the magazine goes to the industry, including: sales agents, distributors, production companies and festival organisers it has proved to be a good way to promote new filmmakers and their work. All genres welcome.

We watch all the films we receive and chose the most worthy for inclusion in the magazine.

If you have received a copy of the 2nd US issue you will find DNs on page 72. If any of you are based in N. America, and would like a free copy of the next US issue, please email me with your mailing address and I'll add you to the distribution list for issue 3.

All the best

Denise
www.showreel.org
Old July 14th, 2006, 12:04 AM   #562
Major Player

Throttle Trauma Film Premiere! July 23rd, Vancouver BC!

My first documentary is done and there will be a screening on july 23rd in Abbotsford, BC. YEs i said Vancovuer, just to get ppl into the thread, lol.

The film was shot on the dvx100a in 24p mode, so if u havent seen it on the big screen here is your chance.
Attached Thumbnails
Show Your Work 2006-ttposter_email.jpg  
Old July 14th, 2006, 07:21 AM   #563
Major Player

Blonde-girl

Hey guys tell me what you think of blonde-girl, it was when I just got my HD100 and me and a mate shot it on a saturday and i edited it in about a week, it's just a start to tell me what you think.

http://revver.com/video/35822/17396
Old July 17th, 2006, 12:28 PM   #564
New Boot

Music Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uq1gyn_-B8

This is one of my first projects. I am an Audio guy, but really want to branch towards video. Please tell me what you think.

Thanks,

Hans Jensen
Old July 17th, 2006, 01:29 PM   #565
Major Player

I like your ideas and locations, especially the window shot and the ocean bluffs. I'm just breaking into music videos myself and I can tell you had some fun with it. Looking back at my music video and looking at your's I see one thing that we both need work with and that is more meaningful close-up shots better lighting on a couple of shots. You may disagree with me and that's cool, but I figured I wouldn't just post a "that's great" comment. Check my music video out and feel free to give me some feedback:

http://web.mac.com/bufdaddy/iWeb/Buf...deo/Video.html

-Jon
web.mac.com/bufdaddy
Old July 18th, 2006, 07:36 AM   #566
Trustee

Brevis35+Fx1 run&gun footage

Here you go, guys. I shot this as run and gun as it gets in 15 minutes (thank my sister, who's on the video, for her pacience). The shutter was always between 50 and 60, the on camera ND filter was on, and the lenses were a 18-28mm, 28mm, 55mm, 85mm, 70-205mm.

http://www.savefile.com/projects.php?pid=732453

There's 2 versions here. My personal favorite is the color corrected one

The compression it too heavy (divx) but I could not find any other compressor that would allow a 1 minute HD file to have only 40mb. This was my first test with the Brevis and I'm still sure I have to learn all the tips & tricks to make it shine. One thing that I notice instantly was that the latitude doesn't increase as much as other "big league" adapters...which is of the most crucial importance for me adapterwise. But I guess this is a matter of personal taste.
Old July 18th, 2006, 04:53 PM   #567
Major Player

We made it: Out To Lunch on DVD

Well, we made it.

About a year ago, two friends and myself started to write a script for a comedy we wanted to do before we headed off for college. After many set backs and problems, we finally finished it and premiered on March 31st. It was received much better then we anticipated, thankfully.

It was not our plan from the beginning to sell online, but because it did so well we thought other people would like to see what we had done. So if anyone is interested, pick a copy up, and tell us what you think. There is a ton of extra stuff on the DVD outside of the main feature, which can be taken as a "what not to do" when making a movie :) .

Anyway, here it is, in all it's glory: Out To Lunch

Just click "order" at the bottom.

Thanks guys!

-William Robinette
Old July 18th, 2006, 09:31 PM   #568
Regular Crew

Free unlimited hosting for your work

Hi everyone,

My apologies if this isn't in the right place!

I can set up a small website (well- large :p) for dvinfo users to upload work, it will stay on there forever, and there will be no bandwidth limitations. No adverts. No login to retrieve files. Just simple web space and lots of it.

The reason I think of this is because I click on broken movie links all the time, and read about people with hosting or bandwidth problems. If anyone thinks its a good idea, please post a reply so I can see the demand.

Thanks,

Matt
Old July 18th, 2006, 10:00 PM   #569
Trustee

i like it. space to put 35mm adapter tests.
Old July 18th, 2006, 11:36 PM   #570
New Boot

You can't say no to that.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work